• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

initialise_application() failed!

I wasn't doing anything. My system simply rebooted overnight. I'm running the latest version. I don't have time to read all of the stickies ... is there some log I need to post or something?

FYI: I can't follow the sticky instructions as step #1 is "ensure that AnyDVD is running". Well, I can't do that. The next step is to click the AnyDVD icon (which I cannot do) to generate a log file. Again, I cannot do these things becasue ... AnyDVD is NOT running!

If it helps, Clone DVD is also not working.

Just a thought ... do we still have two-year licenses or are they permanent now? Perhaps I need to pay up and renew my license or something?

I wasn't doing anything. My system simply rebooted overnight. I'm running the latest version. I don't have time to read all of the stickies ... is there some log I need to post or something?

Your system re-booting by itself lets me know you have a system issue. Hardware conflicts ? bad memory, hard drive failing... etc..

Also might hav3e some malicious software in your machine...might want to scan for malicious software. I use MalwareBytes.

And if you need to re-new your license, you should just buy the lifetime version. It is worth it.

Windows automatic update is enabled and my PC has always rebooted occasionally when needed.

I was just hoping other people would have experienced this to give me a clue as to what it is. It sounds like it is just me then, eh?

How do I check what sort of license I have, lifetime or bi-annual?

How do I check what sort of license I have, lifetime or bi-annual?

Simple, check the AnyDVD information window. It'll tell you exactly how long you can still get updates for. EVERY license duration EXCEPT LIFETIME will mention a specific date (not annual, bi-annual... etc). For lifetime unlimited updates it will just mention "lifetime".

At first I thought that I couldn't check my license because I can't start AnyDVD but I just realized that I can right click on the system tray icon as long as I leave the initialise_application() message in the screen.

Well, I could not check the license because, as soon as I clicked Settings, I got a dump which, hopefully, I attached correctly.

Enjoy!

It's definitely a weird issue. The dump file will help the dev's to figure out what's going on. As the purchase emails don't say a specific date, the only other option is to file a support ticket if you need to know. They'll likely ask for some personal information before they can find your purchase entry and let you know.

I can certainly wait for the devs to look at the dump file. Will that happen automatically or do I need to submit a ticket or start another thread?

FYI: While I only purchased the 2-year license in 2009, I checked my email history and, fortunately, I did purchase the lifetime license in 2011.

FYI: While I only purchased the 2-year license in 2009, I checked my email history and, fortunately, I did purchase the lifetime license in 2011.

Not sure if you've already done it. Try uninstalling AnyDVD...reboot, then re-install.

Back