• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Incredible Hulk problems

Maltese

I'm running Power DVD 8.0.2021a.50 on Xp and can't get the movie to play properly.

1) with AnyDVD HD disabled, the movie will show a black screen then PowerDVD will exit.
2) with AnyDVD HD enabled (6.4.7.6) I have to check all the boxes for the movie to start. There is sound during the menu. But when I play the movie i get no sound. Even the AUDIO tab dissapears from PowerDVD until you stop the movie.

Has anyone else been able to get the movie to play properly? I'm not blaming AnyDVD HD.

I also have my firewall blocking internet access to PowerDVD.

Ironically Sleeping Beauty exits when the movie starts but plays the menus just fine... but with AnyDVD HD enabled, you can watch the movie. I think its a PowerDVD issue.

Last edited:
I'm running Power DVD 8.0.2021a.50 on Xp and can't get the movie to play properly.

1) with AnyDVD HD disabled, the movie will show a black screen then PowerDVD will exit.
2) with AnyDVD HD enabled (6.4.7.6) I have to check all the boxes for the movie to start. There is sound during the menu. But when I play the movie i get no sound. Even the AUDIO tab dissapears from PowerDVD until you stop the movie.

Has anyone else been able to get the movie to play properly? I'm not blaming AnyDVD HD.

I also have my firewall blocking internet access to PowerDVD.

Ironically Sleeping Beauty exits when the movie starts but plays the menus just fine... but with AnyDVD HD enabled, you can watch the movie. I think its a PowerDVD issue.

I went to buy this movie today and none where in stock at any major retailer. I made some phone calls and found out that all the copies that were produced are appearantly defective. I was hoping to get my hands on a copy to see what was going on. But as far as I know they have all been recalled.

Cheers

First I've heard about it and mine works fine.

Having checked there is no error on the disc, but rather that on the Canadian releases some cases ended up with Ang Lee's Hulk instead of this one in the box which is why they got recalled, but the proper released ones have no problems at all playing back with AnyDVD switched off in PDVD 7.3 4407

Update: Roll back to PDVD 8 1830 and it should play fine with AnyDVD HD disabled

Last edited:
Thanks Adbear, quess what, I am in Canada. The information I was given was incorrect, thank you for clarifying where the actual problem existed.

Cheers

Much like Iron Man, my patched version of PDVD8 works without a problem:
CyberLink.2021U_DVD080729-02(Ultra).exe (93.5 MB)
Digitally signed Friday, August 22, 2008 1:52:23 AM

jideite

Much like Iron Man, my patched version of PDVD8 works without a problem:
CyberLink.2021U_DVD080729-02(Ultra).exe (93.5 MB)
Digitally signed Friday, August 22, 2008 1:52:23 AM

jideite

where did you get 2021u. Only 2021a is on their site.

Sure enough, I uninstalled PDVDw/2021aU Reinstalled, did a websearch and grabbed 2021U; It now plays. I have to close anydvd, it flashes a 'can't read from disc' error, but if I wait it plays.

where did you get 2021u. Only 2021a is on their site.

This is the first release of 2021: http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/powerdvd/8/CyberLink.2021U_DVD080729-02(Ultra).exe
This is the third release of 2021 which fixed the broken BD playback: http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/powerdvd/8/CyberLink.2021U_DVD080826-01.exe

I suggest people save the older installers if not saving the download links. CyberLink has a history of pulling download links but yet leaving the files on their servers.

Last edited:
I turn off the AnyDVD HD, use PowerDVD 8.0 latest version (2021a), then it plays fine

I turn off the AnyDVD HD, use PowerDVD 8.0 latest version (2021a), then it plays fine

Do you lose the audio tab just after chapter 1 starts? The movie would play but I lost my SPDIF audio to my processor and also lost the audio tab in PDVD until I stopped the movie. The menu had audio and it decoded to DTS.

Are you guys that are having problems with AnyDVD enabled using region code removal? I suspect Slysoft will be releasing a new version of AnyDVD soon that deals with this problem by disabling BD Live when region code removal is turned on.

I'm going to go buy this one later today. I'll be able to check it in all the major players. I have PowerDVD 4407, PowerDVD 8 2217, ArcSoft (whatever the hell the latest build is...I'm not looking right now), and WinDVD BD for Vaio installed. But PowerDVD should not be crashing every 15 minutes. Do you have the latest drivers installed for your hardware? Does it crash with AnyDVD disabled?

Just tried to update to 2217.50, now can play Incredible Hulk with sound, but Powerdvd keeps on auto-terminate itself every 15 minutes...any solution...?

Contact cyberlink; that's not an Anydvd issue.

Back