• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Improved rip to disc function???

Kartman

I can make and ISO and play from disc... but I've been trying to make a lower resolution rip in XVID format for consuption by my kids. This protects the disc and saves space as they really don't need 1080p for their viewing.

I've searched and posted elsewhere about a similar issue but I thought I'd try again... I've recently seen a couple of titles that do not have one big M2TS file for the move but rather several smaller files. To confuse things, the files are random in size and are not in any particular order. It almost seems like someone wanted to make it hard for me to accomplish my goal! :doh:

Obviously, players are able to follow the trail...

I have 3 questions:

1) is there a way for me to manually follow the trail too? i.e. playlist directory?
2) can AnyDVD be improved to be a bit more discriminating when ripping to disc? i.e. just grab the movie
3) If so, can it have some smarts to piece these parts back together? I can do this without too much trouble once the required pieces are identified and the correct sequence is clear. (see question 1)

-l8r

Actually; I'd go along with the third line too, for standard DVDs like the Rental+ version or 'WAR R:1 REN+' DVD.
The film is spread over a half dozen different VOB threads. It would be nice if AnyDVD Ripper could fit the films back together for me. FixVTS took another 45 minutes on that film after AnyDVD-HD spent 30 minutes figuring out the disc in DeepScan. And I'm on Dual Quads now!
Having AnyDVD-HD fix the structure of DVDs/HD-DVDs/and BluRay Discs would save everyone time. Hey, sell it as an extension like the HD extension, make more money. I'd pay for a SlySoft FOXvts.
A fixed disc would work correctly in CloneDVDMobile!

Back