• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

IMGBURN Verify and ANYDVD

Indyrod

I've been having occasional problems, after burning with Imgburn, and getting errors during the Verify. I've been reading from several, in fact many, A/V forums, that point the finger to running a Verify with Anydvd running. Just today, I was burning some dvds, and getting some Imgburn verify errors. So I tried what those forums suggested, and that was disable Anydvd during the Verify function, and they verified with no errors. I found in a couple of forums, where James had addressed that problem, and I will post the quotes here. I asked in another thread, if Anydvd had any conflicts with ripping or burning programs, and told by James NO. So maybe somebody can address this problem, and give me a straight answer, or clarification. thanks...

START OF QUOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySoft
The verification can fail, because AnyDVD is modifying a disc on the fly while an application (like ImgBurn) is reading it. This is the way it works.
So it might be wise to disable AnyDVD before verifying with ImgBurn.
The verification might not work not because of some conflict ot problem - it might not work because AnyDVD is just doing its job.

Simple example: You write a disc with region 2 set in VIDEO_TS.IFO. During verify AnyDVD patches VIDEO_TS.IFO to make it region free. As a result verification fails.

AnyDVD's driver can be shut down very easily: Disable AnyDVD (the tray icon will turn gray). Of course the driver is still loaded in memory, but it is doing nothing, just passsing the requests down the stack. The driver will use almost no system resources when disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySoft
The disc region was just one example. Depending on what the user has instructed AnyDVD to modify in AnyDVD's settings there could be many more places which could differ, like those you suggested.

It is very well possible that verify will not fail as DrinkLyeAndDie's experiments showed. For example, if AnyDVD was activated with the same settings during the rip (e.g. if DVDDecrypter or CloneCD were used while AnyDVD was running) the verify should pass.

Nevertheless I would recommend to temporary disable AnyDVD during ImgBurn (or other burn program) verification. I don't want to go into too much details, but if you have AnyDVD enabled you will *never* read any .ifo or .bup (or autorun.inf) file from the physical disc. Instead you will get cached / modified versions of the sectors of these files.
You might even get modified .vob files, as AnyDVD now inserts a "black cell" into the .vob files of Sony "destroyed" titlesets. This is done to keep the .ifos of the title sets alive (including setting of gpregs), but keeping copy programs happy (they see a proper title with one "black" cell).
This is very beautiful and the great advantage of using AnyDVD (every program / network share / dos prompt / ... will see an unprotected, un-PC-friendly, region free disc), but not quite what you want when you make a file compare/verify.

Thanks for the info James... :confused:

END OF QUOTE

btw, I can quote a huge number of posts from other forum's users, that say the same, thing, verify errors, turn Anydvd off, and verify goes fine.

I find this interesting, that nobody from Slysoft has replied to this, since they have many times in the past. Since the Imgburn log file specifically states "W 08:20:39 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!" Since everybody seems to know this, except ME a couple days ago, when I started researching why i was getting all these verify errors. Since Slysoft knows this, I don't get why they don't state it up front, so people won't be running around trying to figure it out, knowing Imgburn, is probably the most popular dvd burning software on Earth. It should be in the documentation, just disable Anydvd when verifying ,with Imgburn to eliminate possible false verifying results. How hard can that be? I don't like it, because I was told there is no need to ever disable Anydvd. FALSE

Can I get you a box of Kleenex to cry into? Disable AnyDVD with Imageburn and move on with life... Big deal.

Can I get you a box of Kleenex to cry into? Disable AnyDVD with Imageburn and move on with life... Big deal.

you don't see a problem, with Slysoft saying there is no reason to ever disable Anydvd for anything? yea, I will move on, but my confidence with Slysoft not admitting a flaw in their software, when I have a lifetime subscription, is a credibility deal with me. I have plenty of boxes of Kleenex, but hiding a problem or not disclosing it, is not what I expect from them. I know what to do, but they won't even admit it's a problem. if they can't be totally honest, then why would I buy anymore products from them, not knowing what is not being disclosed. might not be a big deal with you, but that's you.

Back