• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

If you have old HDDs stacking up like cord wood, ebay is a good option.

Watcher0363

I can't speak for other methods of getting rid of old hdd's. But ebay was a good experience for me. Managed to sell 6 hdds, all 8TB @5400rpm at a decent price, considering they were purchased between 2019 and 2022. I posted pictures of the drives, along with Seagate tool's results of a couple of tests run on each drive. The longest it took to sell a drive was 3 days on a 2019 archive drive with many powered on hours.

I use old HDs as data storage for seldom used files that I still want to keep.

Having a hot docking station in one of my PCs makes it easy to insert and the system sees the HD as another installed internal drive. Ready to go.

When done I pop the swing-out cover and remove the drive. Put into an anti-static bag for storage.

I use old HDs as data storage for seldom used files that I still want to keep.

Having a hot docking station in one of my PCs makes it easy to insert and the system sees the HD as another installed internal drive. Ready to go.

When done I pop the swing-out cover and remove the drive. Put into an anti-static bag for storage.
At this point, because I never anticipated a program like anystream. Combined with my early lack of knowledge about Das and Nas's, and the ever ending need for more space. Even after my sale, I am sitting on 19 hdds. 10 in active use, 5 serving as backups, and 4 sitting idle, waiting to be put in use.

Back