• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I want to complain about AnyDVD's release notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
With HD DVD, it works perfectly (and there is no warning screen, either).

Yet with several DVDs I have it does not work perfectly.

Furthermore, I am yet to read a logical explanation about the move from neutrality in the release notes...:confused:

Yet with several DVDs I have it does not work perfectly.
We are talking about HD DVD, aren't we?

Furthermore, I am yet to read a logical explanation about the move from neutrality in the release notes...:confused:
Well, if you don't understand what I've written in the past year, I can't help you.

We are talking about HD DVD, aren't we?

Well, if you don't understand what I've written in the past year, I can't help you.

But you said:

E.g., AnyDVD removes user prohibitions like forced french subtitles from import discs, lets you skip over studio logos (I don't want to see the 30 seconds Universal intro anymore), lets you jump directly to titles.

I get what you've been writing in the past on the forums. Keep it on the forums and away from release notes. If you support both formats then release notes must be neutral at all times :agree:

I get what you've been writing in the past on the forums. Keep it on the forums and away from release notes. If you support both formats then release notes must be neutral at all times :agree:

Why? I just don't get the whining about this issue. I really don't. You're trying to say a company can't have an opinion. I say that's complete BS. What makes your opinion that they "must be neutral" any more valid than their opinion that they don't? I say let them write what they want and everyone that doesn't like it should stop reading the release notes or get over it. It's really that simple.

Why? I just don't get the whining about this issue. I really don't. You're trying to say a company can't have an opinion. I say that's complete BS. What makes your opinion that they "must be neutral" any more valid than their opinion that they don't? I say let them write what they want and everyone that doesn't like it should stop reading the release notes or get over it. It's really that simple.

Opinions are personal, while release notes are matters of a business policy. Why support BD and then tell your customers and new visitors that it is crap in the release notes? :confused:

Opinions are personal, while release notes are matters of a business policy. Why support BD and then tell your customers and new visitors that it is crap in the release notes? :confused:

Oh, I don't know, because it's their RIGHT to do so if they wish?

Oh, I don't know, because it's their RIGHT to do so if they wish?

It makes no sense to do that though. Apart from making more and more money, which throws the whole motion of them caring about the consumer right out of the window along with the bathwater...:(

It makes no sense to do that though. Apart from making more and more money, which throws the whole motion of them caring about the consumer right out of the window along with the bathwater...:(

You just don't get it do you? The point of the comments in the release notes was to educate the users of their product to what they believe is a more consumer friendly format. See what I said there? TO EDUCATE USERS. Yes, it's an opinion. But it's one they happen to believe in. If you don't share their opinion, well, who cares? Simply ignore the advice they're offering and move on with life. It's beyond silly to argue about this issue. It's not like your opinion about the issue is going to change theirs. :)

Amen for that.
As long as the existing Blu-rays and the future blu-rays will be cracked and able to be backedup.
am happy.if it werent for sony having exlusive rights to some movies, i would have gone with only Hd-dvd insted.but for now il keep buyng booth formats, and the movies i like.
Sony stop using ridiculous protection on your movies.
and you might have a chanse in this hideff war.
or face the hideff consequenses:agree:

Amen for that.
As long as the existing Blu-rays and the future blu-rays will be cracked and able to be backedup.
am happy.if it werent for sony having exlusive rights to some movies, i would have gone with only Hd-dvd insted.but for now il keep buyng booth formats, and the movies i like.
Sony stop using ridiculous protection on your movies.
and you might have a chanse in this hideff war.
or face the hideff consequenses:agree:

That's my point exactly. It's not as if Slysoft said "you know what, we're done supporting Blu-ray. Our customers are on their own." If they said that, THEN I could see all this whining. However, to simply say "we think HD DVD is the better format"...give me an ever-loving break. WHO CARES?! As long as they still support both formats, how is a comment in a release note going to affect you, as a paying customer?

As for Sony, I doubt they'll ever capitulate on this one. They are 100% behind Blu-ray. To admit defeat would be admitting the PS3 is a failure and I just don't see that happening any time soon. Without all the crap, BD is not a bad format. However, you add region coding, mandatory AACS, and BD+, then it starts to degrade the format's merits. Then add changing profiles on top of that, and, well, you have a serious mess. I don't see Blu-ray dying, but, I don't see HD DVD going away, either. Not any time soon. As I've said before, I think we're stuck with both formats and we'll just have to make the best of it.

I don't mind them adding their opinion on the forums, that's what forums are for. I do mind if they put it in release notes because, whichever way you look at it, they are trying to convince people to go for HD DVD instead of BD. This is wrong. Let the people make the choice and not try to educate them...:mad:

But we people do have a choice, its not like they are forcing us to make a choice.
That choice has almost been done by Sony themselfs.
here is something for sony to think about
newer bite the hand that feeds you,
cause thats what you are doing sony.
you are biting our hands.and we cant take it much longer.

I know, I know, an educated populace is bad...

It's not bad, but Slysoft lecturing in release notes is. Keep it on the forums and away from release notes and I'll be a happy bunny :agree:

Didn't SONY also once have the Videosystem "BETAMAX", they believed in :p

Obviously times have changed and SONY is nowadays able to bring out lots of movies (from their various companies), this is why you'll find quite a lot BLURAY titles around.

It's not bad, but Slysoft lecturing in release notes is. Keep it on the forums and away from release notes and I'll be a happy bunny :agree:

I do NOT agree. The forums are visited by a relatively few amount of Slysoft's customers. You're making an assumption that they can educate ALL their users by posting an opinion here. That's not even remotely correct. The majority of people WILL see the release notes. Some people will take Slysoft's advice and ignore Blu-ray, others won't. But if the people remain ignorant, then they obviously can't make an INFORMED decision about which format to buy into. Education is NEEDED in this case and only helps to bolster the HD DVD format's existence. Keeping it in the forum would educate a VERY small minority of people and defeat the purpose in the first place.

Well, then you have to be unhappy. My release notes, my call. End of story. Closing thread.

EDIT: I'll reopen it, so you can continue moaning... :)

Last edited:
Well, then you have to be unhappy. My release notes, my call. End of story.

Personally, I love it when people are unhappy because they can't silence a voice. Or stop it from speaking in the manner it wishes speak etc.

You go right on using the release notes as a soap-box weapon.
If you really wanna make him scream, say "Hi" to him in the next round. <EG>

-W

Yes, and what could be more neutral then disclosing to customers which format works better with the product? If you buy a new SD TV, it's perfectly acceptable they might put in the manual "we recommend using a DVD rather then a VCR with this TV, as you will enjoy a far higher quality experience".
If you see your doctor he prescribes you medication, that you can choose to take. You can even say "well I don't want that medication, prescribe something else".
I do mind if they put it in release notes because, whichever way you look at it, they are trying to convince people to go for HD DVD instead of BD.
Yes, however just because your doctor tries to convince you to go for whatever treatment they think is best - you don't have to if you don't want to. It's not so different - Slysoft's customers can do whatever they want, but Slysoft still has every right to suggest certain ideas.

Hi :)
OK, I feel you (those who felt it necessary), have had enough time to express your opinions on this topic.
Let's just say that the 'note' was intended as a 'tip'.
Not some 'dictatorial demand'.
It merely suggests to users that they should consider one format over the other. With a simple explanation as to why this is.
The 'inclusion' of such in 'update info', is at the end of the day.
The author’s right.
Can we now move on to some more mutually beneficial discussions?
N.B. Some of the posts showed a lack of respect for certain parties.
Thanks to those parties, this has been treated leniently thus far.
It is not something that will be allowed in the future.
Please express your views in a manner to which you, yourself would like to be addressed.

This thread is now closed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back