• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I think cinavia protection never got hacked/cracked.

The CloneBD title preview does detect the signal, but CloneBD itself is NOT capable of removing the signal. Adding such capabilities to the product would endanger sales (legality stuff) in some countries. The title preview only detects and warns about its presense, that's all it can do and ever will do. The signal removal itself is actually applied by AnyDVD! (Hence the bottom setting in AnyDVD's program settings). If Anydvd is running and you have selected in Anydvd to remove cinavia, then if in CloneBD you select to downscale the audio to AC3, Anydvd "hooks" into CloneBD and applies the fix. CloneBD doesn't know (and doesn't care) this is happening and chugs along as if nothing is happening.

When the fix is being applied, you'll see that same fox icon turn purple during CloneBD processing as well :)

Thanks for clarifying all that, Ch3vr0n :).
One common denominator I have noticed so far is that if has a Sony logo stream file, it does have Cinavia. Everything I've seen in the US from Sony lately always has Cinavia. At least on the English track.

PS: I stand corrected on the color of the active Fox icon. It's purple and not violet. Purple is an RGB color that mixes blue and red. Violet is a wavelength that is shorter than the color of blue and is outside the RGB band :)

Last edited:
The Oppo 93/95 don't detect Cinavia as they were licensed before the requirement.
The Oppo 103/105 were licensed after Cinavia became mandatory, so they had to detect it.

Yes, highly regarded as some of the best players you can get :)

I've had a Oppo 93 since it was released and will keep it as long as Oppo can fix it. One feature that seems to be missing on newer models is the ability to play AnyDVD ripped BDs from a eSATA external hard drive ( by making a folder named AVCHD to contain the files). This is remarkably convenient for playback.

Back