• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I need some HELP from USA

I'll try that in a few minutes, I'm trying with an older movie right now.

Well, I deleted CloneDVD and rebooted and then reinstalled it and rebooted again and tried to copy a new movie and it didn't work.

problem burning DVD

I will send you a e-mail and you can call me so maybe we can fix your problem.

Last edited:
Since you are using AnyDVD and CloneDVD... here's how I burn those after I rip them to the hard drive.

Since you are having issues with burning, lets stick to what you are working with now, and DO NOT change anything until we find out what isn't working. I know the others here have suggested using higher priced burning medium, and they are correct, Verbatim is better than Memorex, but until we find that it's the medium, if you go changing too many things all at once, you're not going to know what the problem was and it could come back. I have used both, Verbatim and Memorex.. and at this time I still use Memorex with hundreds burned and no issues. But that's just me.

Using CloneDVD, let's say for the sake of the conversation, you are ripping the movie to a folder on the C drive, called Temp. Folder location is called C:\Temp.

Ok, now once you have put in the disk and let AnyDVD scan it, you open up CloneDVD and rip the main movie, or the entire disk to C:\Temp.

Now we have DVD files to work with.

Seen here in this first screen shot, select "Write Existing Data". Red arrow.

exist.gif

You will come to the next screen, as seen here.

output.gif

1. Select your folder that the files are contained in. Blue arrow.
2. The path shows up in the drop down menu box. Red arrow.
3. Select DVD writer. Black circle.
4. Name the disk. I try to keep it as simple as I can. Green arrow.

Click Go.

and that's pretty much it.

Now... if you are having problems doing this, that's what we need to get to.

I did what you to do in that outline and it didn't work.... I'll try again in the morning. Thanks

I did what you to do in that outline and it didn't work.... I'll try again in the morning. Thanks

You said you installed Nero. Like Roxio, Nero can install some things which don't play nice with AnyDVD/CloneDVD. Can you post an AnyDVD log with a movie you are having a problem with?
How to post an AnyDVD log file:
1.) Make sure AnyDVD is running.
2.) Put the problematic original movie DVD in your DVD drive. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc. (Please make sure you wait 10-15 minutes, some discs may take that long. If it still doesn’t work, do the following with no disc in the drive.)
3.) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
4.) Select "Create Logfile…"
5.) Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
6.) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. (Typically AnyDVD will create a folder in My Documents named AnyDVD logs) Click "OK".
7.) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Version_info_Driveletter_titleofmydisc.zip" (If the drive was empty, it will be called “AnyDVD_Version_info_Driveletter_EMPTY_DRIVE”).
8.) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forum, look for the icon that looks like a paperclip (next to the Smilies icon).
9.) If you don't see the paperclip icon, click the "Go Advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
10.) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forum).
11.) Click the "Browse" button, locate and select the .zip file you created.
12.) Click "Upload".
13.) Click “Close this window”. The .zip file should be attached for us to look at.

I posted a movie earlier.. the name of the movie was Bear. Last week I open a new 100 pk of Memorex and I had trashed about 25 to 30 trying to get my movies to record using AnyDVD and CloneDVD with no luck. This morning I open a new pk of Memorex and they haven't worked either. :confused: :bang:

I order 2 of these this morning:

2x Verbatim 97459 4.7 GB 1x-16x Branded Recordable Disc DVD+R, 100 Disc Spindle
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Last week I open a new 100 pk of Memorex and I had trashed about 25 to 30 trying to get my movies to record using AnyDVD and CloneDVD with no luck. This morning I open a new pk of Memorex and they haven't worked either. :confused: :bang:

You should return both pks of crap (Memorex) for a refund.

They are suppose to send me a refund. But what do I do until my other DVD's get here. I have Ripped all my movies to my Harddrive using AnyDVD. I went by the layout that I got last night, but that didn't work. Unless I belong to just put one file in the writer (the video with the biggest KB or the whole Video file) I put the whole movie file in last night.

I order 2 of these this morning:

2x Verbatim 97459 4.7 GB 1x-16x Branded Recordable Disc DVD+R, 100 Disc Spindle
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

You should buy them in a store, they might cost more but you can check if you're getting Singapore :) or Indian :( manufactured disks.

You should buy them in a store, they might cost more but you can check if you're getting Singapore :) or Indian :( manufactured disks.

I've almost always ordered this for my DVD+R media and it has always been MIT: Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Packs Spindle Disc Model 95098 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003). It's the made in Taiwan DVD+R blanks that you want. Amazon is hit and miss with getting MIT or MII when ordering from my experience.

As fas as I know Verbatim doesn't have any MIS media for single layer media. It's the good DL media that is.

Last edited:
Well, I deleted CloneDVD and rebooted and then reinstalled it and rebooted again and tried to copy a new movie and it didn't work.

I went back thru the posts, and seen that you posted this. "If" you cannot copy a movie using CloneDVD to your HDD, and you cannot burn a disk either... we just might be getting somewhere. Ya just don't go thru disk after disk after disk and not have a problem with something else.

We know AnyDVD is working fine because it can still decrypt the contents of the disk. But, we need more.

CloneDVD will do more with the disk once you decide to rip it to your hard drive. Now we have two more things come to play. Can the drive itself handle it, and is your movie DVD ok.

Movie DVD is fine... so I'm starting to guess that we might have an issue with your actual DVD drive.

What we need to know now, is are you telling us that the drive cannot do both things? Rip or Burn?

They are suppose to send me a refund. But what do I do until my other DVD's get here. I have Ripped all my movies to my Harddrive using AnyDVD. I went by the layout that I got last night, but that didn't work. Unless I belong to just put one file in the writer (the video with the biggest KB or the whole Video file) I put the whole movie file in last night.

What to do until the new media arrives?

Lets test a different way to burn.

I would strongly suggest that we try burning something else besides DVD files. You can still use your memorex for the testing.... fire up Nero, and just start grabbing files from a folder. Burn them to a DVD ISO compilation, it's the one that's selected by default when you first open the program.

Just select some files and burn them to a DVD at 8x.

This way, we can eliminate any possibility that your burner may have issues.

I wouldn't want to see you spending more on disks, only to find that you're making cup coasters out of those too.

Last edited:
I tried this and it didn't work either.

If you can't burn with any software, albeit CloneDVD, Nero... (chances are the OS can't burn them to disk either)... then I'm convinced that the drive is going bad on you.

It can read disks, but can no longer burn them.

I did keep in mind that you mentioned the disks "look" like they've been burned, but won't play. That reminds me of thinking that the session isn't closing properly within the software, but to have that happen using more than one program is rare.

Last edited:
“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” Sherlock Holmes

It's been a while, which is why I edited those posts... so I remembered a few things the OP had originally said. In my year of helping people on the phones, and then becoming a senior technician for almost three, there are many times when someone will tell you exactly what the problem is, but you get so caught up in trying to resolve the issue quickly that you pass up the obvious avenue of advancement.

So I do apologize if this took some time in helping you resolve the issue.

Part of Troubleshooting 101, listen to your customer!

( if not.. then we get out the machines to torture it out of you! ) :D

I just ordered a new DVD burner for my laptop, just hope that was my problem. I should know by next Tuesday. Thanks all for the help. :D

I just ordered a new DVD burner for my laptop, just hope that was my problem. I should know by next Tuesday. Thanks all for the help. :D

You and me both.

Notebook (aka laptops) optical drives are notorious for being on the cheap side.. and if the new one also gives you problems, the last suggestion I have would be to purchase an external optical drive.

I hope you post back with the results, I would like to know if this solved the issue.

Back