• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I love the simplicity of CloneBD if it only worked,....I hope this helps

Verbatim

Verbatim disc's all day every day, quality media.

Which JVC discs are you referring to? I'm not aware of JVC making any decent BD-R's. If you are referring to the Taiyo Yuden discs then they are rubbish, they are LTH (Low To High, yellow underside) and are notoriously unreliable and not always recognized by players. You need to get some good quality HTL (High To Low, dark underside)discs. Some rate Verbatim, I've never had any issue with TDK myself or a good Ritek brand

I have two brands, Titan and JVC (Taiyo Yuden). Really, no offense I know you are attempting to help, however, you know what people say about opinions and searching the internet and trying to find good discs leaves one terribly confused. The opinions of people and disc quality is way too many. As many people like and recommend these discs as those who apparently do not. So which group should I believe, and I am not saying these are good or bad discs.

At any rate apparently I have both type discs. The JVC Taiyo Yuden is labled for professional use, and many people seem to swear by them. They are a golden color on the data side. My Titans are dark. The movie did not play on neither disc so apparently disc quality does not seem to be a hugh issue with my playing the disc.

I DO know several things. I have a program that may or may not be total crap (as of this post), I have two brands of 25GB BD-R discs that may or may NOT be total crap. Now I have to sort through all of the advice and figure out which is or isn't reliable but until I can get a backup of one of my blu rays to play, I do not know which one of the three is responsible.

I know one other thing. I backed up a movie and burned it using CloneBD. I burned it on to one type disc using said program, and copied it onto another apparently different format disc and NEITHER one would play on my player. This leads me into the direction of the program. It isn't as simple as just blaming the disc that is where confusion comes from.

diverjones

Last edited:
Just because it says 'Professional' on the disc doesn't mean they are any good. TY make great DVD writable discs, but they make crap Blu-ray writable discs. LTH are notoriously bad for writing, playback and they degrade quicker than HTL discs. I had a pack of 50 TY BD-R's and out of those 10 failed verification straight after the burn and wouldn't play, and within a year all the others had read errors. They were all stored properly with my HTL discs that are still working fine after 7+ years. Over the past 7+ years I've probably written in the region of 10,000+ BD-R's as I use them for work, and I would never recommend LTH discs to my clients, not only due to the flakiness of them on the PC side, but they also aren't read properly by all set-top players either.

What happens if you take those disc and try to play them on your PC where you recorded them?

Just because it says 'Professional' on the disc doesn't mean they are any good. TY make great DVD writable discs, but they make crap Blu-ray writable discs. LTH are notoriously bad for writing, playback and they degrade quicker than HTL discs. I had a pack of 50 TY BD-R's and out of those 10 failed verification straight after the burn and wouldn't play, and within a year all the others had read errors. They were all stored properly with my HTL discs that are still working fine after 7+ years. Over the past 7+ years I've probably written in the region of 10,000+ BD-R's as I use them for work, and I would never recommend LTH discs to my clients, not only due to the flakiness of them on the PC side, but they also aren't read properly by all set-top players either.

What happens if you take those disc and try to play them on your PC where you recorded them?

They play.

Well if they play on the PC but not on the set-top player that would imply your set-top player doesn't like the media

Well if they play on the PC but not on the set-top player that would imply your set-top player doesn't like the media

One would think. I also thought about the fact that my player just does not like home made blu ray discs, however, I just burned a blu ray disc- home made from HD video from my cam corder, imported files to PC, burned to disc using DVD authoring program and using the same media and it played exceptionally well.

Same media? Highly doubtful.

DVD structure on bluray disc : invalid combo, player will refuse playback.
Bluray structure on DVD disc : valid combo IF! your player supports bd5/9 playback

Same BRAND does not mean same media type.
The disc quality can also vary between disc types of the same brand.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back