• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I love the simplicity of CloneBD if it only worked,....I hope this helps

Humphammer

I have tried to back up three discs. Frozen, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and Oz the Great and Powerful. Ripped iso with ANYDVDHD. I chose the feature movie only option on CloneBD, only one audio and one subtitle to 25GB Verbatim blanks and the slowest burn speed. Everything seemed to work fine but all three discs are unplayable with jittery, or no video and out of sync audio. I then used the same iso and used BDrebuilder and IMGburn to make perfect backups of each disc. One thing that was present in all three discs was the CloneBD discs when finished burning still had about 25% of the outside portion of the disc that were unused while the IMGburn discs used all of the disc. Both burns were of the feature movie only, in the slowest speed and both were resized to fit a 25GB disc. Had I known beforehand how to send a logfile I would have done so....this may be of no help but thought I would share anyway. I like the thoughts of one program to do it all and hope the bugs get worked out.

Last edited:
Seriously has anyone gotten CloneBD to make a working copy?

I have not seen anyone post that they have actually made a copy that works.....so does it even work at all?

I and others have made lots of copies that work fine, if you read through the forum you will find that some had issues until the latest build and now it works for them. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it does work on most discs for me

I have tried 8 discs and only 2 worked....i tried to rip to bd-25. On one hand i got files that were too large for a bd-25 or on the other hand i got unplayable discs.....
Since the update from 1.0.2.1 to 1.0.2.6 nothing has positively been changed. Maybe i should ask for a refund because of the non-functional version of clonebd

Yeah, really on the fence about this. Discount is expiring soon, and if it worked, it would be great. But I've had all failures with 5 discs so far for one reason or another.

Do I buy on discount and hope everything is fixed? Support wasn't really helpful either.

I agree - for the price of the software, and the number of wasted expensive BR disks, I feel more like a beta tester than a user of a finished product.

I dont think CloneBD is helping or building on SlySoft's reputation.

If I was Slysoft, I would stop selling it for the time being, give all existing licensed users a lifetime upgrade reward as a 'sorry', and get working on the issues listed.

Wow. Is it really that bad? I had all but forgotten about CloneBD (last I heard it was supposed to be called Slyce) but I received a recent email from Slysoft that informed me of CloneBD's release. I thought to myself "Wow! So they finally released that..." I hadn't been keeping up with the news on it so I figured it was scrapped long ago.

It's a shame that nearly everyone is having issues with it. I hope Slysoft gets all the bugs ironed out eventually. I feel bad for the early adopters that wound up paying for software that doesn't work for them. That's just terrible, especially considering the cost of this program.

The problem is that Elby "produced" CloneBD and Slysoft lets us use their forum to discuss about CloneBD. None of the developers is here in the forum. So i think it´s useless to talk about i here. The support of Elby is also very weak. They just send standardized e-mails about the program is growing and we should be patient.

But this NOT a Beta program! We paid for it and it doesn´t work. And everyone who paid a lifetime license is a beta-tester for life....very well done. I feel ashamed about the program and the believe in it that it would work as promised.

I understand that SlySoft did not write the software... but, its not just that Slysoft hook in the forum.... they list it on their web site with their other products, they emailed us about it, they market it, they make the downloads available via their portal.... they have wrapped it into their 'brand' - and it does them no favours.

But the main problem is still the same. It is not working....sure i can not do 100% but for me it worked only 25% and that´s poor in my eyes...

I really want it to work and I have used AnyDvd for years

with very few issues. I do movie-only versions to 25GB Verbatim blanks which should be fairly easy on the software and hardware as well. I have used BDrebuilder and ImgBurn to do close to 100 backups and the only problem I have ever had was on a few discs BDrebuilder chose the incorrect movie and I wound up with a disc of special features. I don't want any money back, it's more about the wasted time spent on the back-up rather than the price of the disc for me. I hope they fix the bugs and I am willing to give them time to do so. And BTW the only version I have used was the latest release.

Last edited:
I and others have made lots of copies that work fine, if you read through the forum you will find that some had issues until the latest build and now it works for them. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it does work on most discs for me

Adbear, maybe this has nothing to do with it but when I use BDrebuilder and ImgBurn it uses all of the disc to make a copy. On the ones CloneBD has done there is probably close to 25% of the disc that is unused even though they were both movie-only versions compressed to fit a 25GB blank....were yours like that?

misslead

I have lifetime updates for my AnyDVD. And when they come they are listed as AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD. I bought CloneBD and now find out that I need AnyDVDHD. This is missleading. Really mad now that I find out that CloneBD doesn't work even with AnyDVDHD. Not a happy camper. :mad:

I have lifetime updates for my AnyDVD. And when they come they are listed as AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD. I bought CloneBD and now find out that I need AnyDVDHD. This is missleading. Really mad now that I find out that CloneBD doesn't work even with AnyDVDHD. Not a happy camper. :mad:

AnyDvD and anydvdHd are the same software but with bluray part disabled.CloneBD is for unprotected bluray, so you need a decrypter. What you thought, CloneBD remove protections?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Adbear, maybe this has nothing to do with it but when I use BDrebuilder and ImgBurn it uses all of the disc to make a copy. On the ones CloneBD has done there is probably close to 25% of the disc that is unused even though they were both movie-only versions compressed to fit a 25GB blank....were yours like that?
Well depending on the film mine normally come in around 20-22GB, although some films come out smaller but that's usually because when I look at the disc the main movie is only a bit larger than a SL BD-R so once all the extras and all the extra audio streams from the disc are removed the film comes out smaller than a SL BD_R anyway. I have had a few come out bigger or smaller than expected, at which point I've sent a logfile in and moved on to the next.

Last edited:
Sorry Adbear I should have worded my post differently

Well depending on the film mine normally come in around 20-22GB, although some films come out smaller but that's usually because when I look at the disc the main movie is only a bit larger than a SL BD-R so once all the extras and all the extra audio streams from the disc are removed the film comes out smaller than a SL BD_R anyway. I have had a few come out bigger or smaller than expected, at which point I've sent a logfile in and moved on to the next.

I tried three movies with CloneBD. Frozen, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and Oz the Great and Powerful. All three failed. I then took the same three iso's and made three working copies using BDrebuilder and Imgburn. In each case the disc itself from the failed CloneBD copies had approximately 25% of it unused, while the successful copies from BDrebuilder and ImgBurn of the same exact movies using the same protocol used all of the disc. So it seems to me that CloneBD compressed each movie to fit on a 25GB blank much more so that BDrebuilder did. Maybe this is of no value but I thought I would pass it along.

I have tried over 60 titles, converting to MKV container: over 60% failed

- application crashes completely, task is killed by OS
- application stops encoding, progress stalled, never finishes
- application reports incorrect size/time for titles
- application finishes encoding, but encode is incomplete - e.g. Lord of the Rings Fellowship: fails to encode last 40 minutes
- audio and video not synced
- subtitles not included

But the main problem is still the same. It is not working....sure i can not do 100% but for me it worked only 25% and that´s poor in my eyes...
The trial is not over and no one should buy something without a good testing and while I believe 21 days is enough of a test, they even extended that. So no one should be angry, Try before you Buy. I do believe if you have some patience you will own the best program of its kind on the planet.

I tried to make a copy of my Ben-Hur 50th Anniversary collection and failed miserably. Ripped with AnyDVD to an ISO file, converted with CloneDB. Started the conversion and let it run over night. Next morning noticed it failed at 6% however, before I figured out how to send log I lose its location. Decided if it failed, it would fail again, so started it over and went to work.

Came home and instead of failing a second time it finished completely and burned to my Titan 25GB disc, however it would not play in my player. The disc was recognized as a blu ray but never played. Just sit there with this play button on my TV. I thought it was the disc (perhaps cheap). Put in in my computer but it played there. Made a copy on a JVC disc every one likes so much (professional discs) and still will not play on my player.

I don't know.

Which JVC discs are you referring to? I'm not aware of JVC making any decent BD-R's. If you are referring to the Taiyo Yuden discs then they are rubbish, they are LTH (Low To High, yellow underside) and are notoriously unreliable and not always recognized by players. You need to get some good quality HTL (High To Low, dark underside)discs. Some rate Verbatim, I've never had any issue with TDK myself or a good Ritek brand

Last edited:
Back