• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I have been trying to back up a blu ray movie for days

blurayburn

I looked all over the forum. Please let me know if I am doing this correctly.

I am using AnyDVD to create a .iso file from the blu ray disc (Michael Clayton).

I leave the "keep protection" box unchecked.

When I try to burn the iso with "imgburn" using the default settings I get an error.

Instead I am trying to burn the .iso file onto a blank blu ray with ashampoo software.

I then want to play is using a PS3. Will this work? Is there a better way? I keep messing up blu ray blanks.

You don't say what the error is or what media you are trying to burn to (BD-r/re 25/50GB) How big is the ISO file? What make and model is your burner?

The latest Imgburn writes back to BD-r/re's with no problems and they playback on the PS3 with no problems (I've been doing it for over a year)

By the sound of it your using BD-r's, I'd never use BD-r's until I was confidante of what I was doing, use BD-re's

You are choosing the 'Write Image file to disc' option in Imgburn?

What settings do you have ticked in AnyDVD HD?

Last edited:
the iso is 17GB the blank media is 25GB. My burner is with an HP computer. It is: HL-DT-ST BD-RE GBW-H20L 8.B8 (ATAPI)

I have the standard options set for AnyDVD (the ones that were set when it was installed)

under "Video Blu-Ray" I have

Enable Blu-ray support and removed BD + protection checked.

I also have "remove "Blu-Ray Region code" checked and on automatic.

Ashampoo just messed up the disc. I tried it.

ImgBurn wont even let me attempt to burn the iso onto bluray. The error ImgBurn gives:

"cannot open file c:\users\nicolas\documents\mediatype=DVD

Reason: the systen cannot find file specified."

I click on "write image file to disc" then click the folder to find it then open the "volume_Id.iso" that anydvd made for me.

It then says you should have slected the dvd file and not this one and says it will do it for me, but the "cannot open file c:\users\nicolas\documents\mediatype=DVD

Reason: the systen cannot find file specified." error comes up.

Thank you so much for your help. This has really been frustrating me.

Try ripping to a folder then burning the stuff inside that folder(BDMV, Certificate) to a disc with UDF set to 2.5. Like I said though I'd have bought a few BD-RE's to test with before wasting BD-r's

Delete or rename the .DVD file so it can't link it to the ISO then it should work

Thank you so much. I deleted the DVD file and the ISO burns perfectly. I have made 2 video backups. I did manage to waste 7 Blu rays before one worked which makes me feel kinda stupid, but thats probably roughly the cost of a rewritable BD.

it depends on the cost of you BD-r's, my BD-RE's cost me around £9 when I bought them over a year ago, and at the moment BD-r's cost around £6 (until the Ridata ones hit the UK) and BD-Re's around £8

Thank you so much. I deleted the DVD file and the ISO burns perfectly. I have made 2 video backups. I did manage to waste 7 Blu rays before one worked which makes me feel kinda stupid, but thats probably roughly the cost of a rewritable BD.

absolutly not, it would seem that you wasted about $7 a disc and your down 7 bd-r so that makes it $49 i bought a BD-RE for $14 off newegg.com so that a pritty big waste so get yourselk some BD-REs save some money and test every copy you make first

Back