• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I don't understand Game Jackal!!

Lord Huevo

Sorry for the question but I'm really lost here.

I run GJ v2.9.18.565 on Vista Business 32bit. I created an Oblivion profile, played the game and after exiting GJ says "Profile created".

Now every time I clicked on the profile I got an "Insert the Oblivion DVD" message, I have played several times and still get this message.

I thought GJ purpose was to eliminate the need of inserting the DVD but it doesn't seem to work for me. What should I do??

What happens if you click Retry? I always get that message too, but if I just click Retry then it works, every time.

Also, Oblivion has a default 'game launcher' icon/shortcut. If you made your profile with this one (OblivionLauncher.exe). It will not work. You need to make a shortcut to "Oblivion.exe" and make your profile using that one.

Thanks for your replies. Tuttle suggestion made the trick.

I clicked "Retry" and to my surprise Oblivion launched and seems to be working fine although when loading a game it told me that "several items were missing" (I'm fairly new in the game and don't know if this is normal)

Anyway I've been playing for around 20 min. without the DVD and all looks pretty normal.

Now on to NWN2 8)

That "insert CD" thing happens with me as well. Not sure why.

As for your "several items missing", are you trying to load a savegame from a different installation of Oblivion that has custom data files (mods, expansions etc)?

Loonie,

I think the only change is that I added an "Improved Spanish Translation" esp file since the original translation is quite difficult to understand :mad:

I've not seen this message again so probably nothing to do with GJ.

Back