• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunt For Red October Special Collector's Edition

Suntower

Hi,

Rips fine in AnyDVD 6.8.4.0. Will not backup in CloneDVD. Hangs during phase 1 (preparing the files before actually burning disc.)

Interestingly, if you fast forward the previewer in CloneDVD, it hangs at about the place in -movie- where CloneDVD seems to hang during copying.

Original plays fine on standard DVD player.

AnyDVD log and CloneDVD log attached.

I own the original HFRO disc (OK, I'm obsessed :D ) and it copied just fine so perhaps it's a different encryption type?

Any ideas? Only ever had one problem before where AnyDVD worked and CloneDVD did not... (Wizard Of Oz 70th Anniversary) and that was resolved with a later AnyDVD update.

---JC

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.4.0_Info_D_HUNT_FOR_RED_OCTOBER.zip
    116.2 KB · Views: 2
  • hfrose-2.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 1
Let's try from the HDD

The error in Clone tells me there was some serious delays which causes the process to run away w/o doing any real processing.

Let's get the 6842 beta just to be sure:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48895

Install and reboot.

If this one rips fine then let's do that to the hard drive and use CloneDVD to source from that directory on the hard drive and NOT the DVD.

Will try this.

But... it may be a false alarm. Perhaps out of frustration, I washed the original in distilled water and tried again with AnyDVD. And then ran w CloneDVD... and it -did- copy all the way through. When I look very carefully @ the original I see two discolorations in the 'silver' towards the edge. I have -no- idea if this is related.

I'm going to watch the copied DVD +R and see if it looks OK.

Never had anything like this happen before. It either rips... or it doesn't... OR in the case of Wizard Of Oz, it wouldn't back up---even when I got a replacement DVD original.

Thanks,

---JC

The error in Clone tells me there was some serious delays which causes the process to run away w/o doing any real processing.

Let's get the 6842 beta just to be sure:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48895

Install and reboot.

If this one rips fine then let's do that to the hard drive and use CloneDVD to source from that directory on the hard drive and NOT the DVD.

Back