• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hulu + HBO Max

codehound

With Hulu still beta, but working reasonably well, why dont y'all with HBO Max issues add it to your Hulu service as a bolt on ? As a workaround until staff have had time to improve HBOMax as a standalone ?

This is what I'm doing. And ditto bolt on Showtime.

(Obv wont be of use to anyone with HBOMax but not Hulu).

Last edited:
You do know that Amazon has an HBO and Showtime add on too right? You also get 1080p on Amazon vs 720p on Hulu. Either way, you’re missing out on the “Max” content and that’s why they added the HBO Max provider.

You do know that the HBO add-on on Amazon doesn't have all the content the standalone version does, do you?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You do know that Amazon has an HBO and Showtime add on too right? You also get 1080p on Amazon vs 720p on Hulu. Either way, you’re missing out on the “Max” content and that’s why they added the HBO Max provider.

I am UK; and Amzn UK does not have HBO or Showtime as boltons.

So, i have HULU-US, pulls up blank page, just got recently and added max to it. Any ideas there, also are users that signed up direct for Max having problems with accessing movies?

So, i have HULU-US, pulls up blank page, just got recently and added max to it. Any ideas there, also are users that signed up direct for Max having problems with accessing movies?

I am UK, so with US VPN I login to Hulu as normal in browser with AS closed. I open AS, click the Hulu tab and all content inc my Showtime and HBOmax bolt-on content is available. I dont have to login a second time in the AS browser.

Its not perfect, maybe 10% of both max and sho are greyed out or unavailable. But you cant have the moon on a stick either.

On fone currently but I can illustrate with a screengrab later off my pc desktop.

With Hulu still beta, but working reasonably well, why dont y'all with HBO Max issues add it to your Hulu service as a bolt on ? As a workaround until staff have had time to improve HBOMax as a standalone ?

This is what I'm doing. And ditto bolt on Showtime.

(Obv wont be of use to anyone with HBOMax but not Hulu).
Because adding HBO to Hulu just gives you access to HBO content, not HBO Max content. There are a bunch of movies and shows that are exclusive to HBO Max that you still can't access through Hulu or Amazon.

Because adding HBO to Hulu just gives you access to HBO content, not HBO Max content. There are a bunch of movies and shows that are exclusive to HBO Max that you still can't access through Hulu or Amazon.

Yep. But its a good enough stopgap for me until the staff iron out the HBOmax standalone tab which looking at the forums seems plagued with bugs currently.

I'm sure they will get there eventually and even then I may not need/want a standalone HBOmax subscription.

>>There are a bunch of movies and shows that are exclusive to HBO Max that you still can't access through Hulu or Amazon. You do know that the HBO add-on on Amazon doesn't have all the content the standalone version does, do you?<<

This is true. You are paying the same price for HBO MAX (14.99) on Amazon as the full version but not getting all the programs as the full version!

This is true. You are paying the same price for HBO MAX (14.99) on Amazon as the full version but not getting all the programs as the full version!
If you have access to HBO through Amazon (or Hulu) you can still sign in to HBO Max if you choose "Sign In With A Provider" on the HBO Max website and you can then set up a standard HBO Max login under your profile that you can use to sign in to HBO Max on Anystream.

Back