• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How To Use

extremeps

Hey guys I have been using AnyDVD for years to break the protections and then use a third party program to convert my physical discs to digital. Recently I have noticed that the BD drives seem to have a hard time being able to convert. I first thought it was an AnyDVD thing but then bought a new drive and it seemed to go away but here I am right back at it a couple months later and maybe only another 20 converted discs and I am seeing issues again.

Some guys when I previously posted about this said to just use AnyDVD to do the conversion. I looked into that but don't really understand how to do that too well. What I want to do is get the titles from the dics to digital storage. I mainly convert to .mp4 to play on my ipads while on trips and at work and stuff. What would be the correct way to go about this if I want to use AnyDVD to do the initial conversion? I know it wont convert to .mp4 so what would you suggest as the process to use to accomplish this task?

The tip is to copy it to your harddrive first by using AnyDVD. Then convert it by using these copied files. It will be a bit faster instead of directly converting the fisc itself, but slower in total as you now have two things to do.

So do I do it to an iso file then. Is that the best way?

So I right click the Red Fox icon in my task bar and there are two different options it seems to copy to the drive. the first one doesnt allow me to copy the disc. It wont turn on the copy disc button no matter what I do. The second one seems to be working. What is the difference between the two? On a second not the send one which eventually started workign first gave me an error (forgot to take a picture) but allowed me to click continue and it started going. Gotta wait an hour and 20 min for it to get done now. I will let you know how it turns out.IMG_3997.jpgIMG_3998.jpg

So I have an .iso file now after AnyDVD got done. What would be the best program to use in your guys opinions to convert to an mp4 or mkv file?

So I have an .iso file now after AnyDVD got done. What would be the best program to use in your guys opinions to convert to an mp4 or mkv file?
You could use CloneBD to make an MKV file or MP4 file if you wish. From the page description, "CloneBD will also convert your Blu-ray discs to all popular file formats, such as .mp4, .mkv, and any device running Android, iPhone/iPad, Smart TV, or any other current device. CloneBD supports all regions (A,B,C)." If you don't own CloneBD, you can trial it for about 21 days, and they're also having a 20% sale until August 13th.

You can also use MakeMKV to create an MKV file that is compliant with any playback software that you can think of, such as PowerDVD, VLC, MPC-HC, etc.

Handbrake is also an effective software method to use, or anything from VSO Software since they also have very effective software applications.

What you choose is up to you. Personally, I'd try CloneBD first, since it fits AnyDVD like a glove, and then the other programs as well. You can't have too many tools in your toolbox. And, for the record, I have software applications from everyone that I just mentioned.

So I read the CloneBD stuff. Will I still need to create an image first with AnyDVD and then use Clone BD....from the way I am reading it, I can use them at teh same time. Is that right?
You could use CloneBD to make an MKV file or MP4 file if you wish. From the page description, "CloneBD will also convert your Blu-ray discs to all popular file formats, such as .mp4, .mkv, and any device running Android, iPhone/iPad, Smart TV, or any other current device. CloneBD supports all regions (A,B,C)." If you don't own CloneBD, you can trial it for about 21 days, and they're also having a 20% sale until August 13th. You can also use MakeMKV to create an MKV file that is compliant with any playback software that you can think of, such as PowerDVD, VLC, MPC-HC, etc. Handbrake is also an effective software method to use, or anything from VSO Software since they also have very effective software applications. What you choose is up to you. Personally, I'd try CloneBD first, since it fits AnyDVD like a glove, and then the other programs as well. You can't have too many tools in your toolbox. And, for the record, I have software applications from everyone that I just mentioned.
You could use CloneBD to make an MKV file or MP4 file if you wish. From the page description, "CloneBD will also convert your Blu-ray discs to all popular file formats, such as .mp4, .mkv, and any device running Android, iPhone/iPad, Smart TV, or any other current device. CloneBD supports all regions (A,B,C)." If you don't own CloneBD, you can trial it for about 21 days, and they're also having a 20% sale until August 13th. You can also use MakeMKV to create an MKV file that is compliant with any playback software that you can think of, such as PowerDVD, VLC, MPC-HC, etc. Handbrake is also an effective software method to use, or anything from VSO Software since they also have very effective software applications. What you choose is up to you. Personally, I'd try CloneBD first, since it fits AnyDVD like a glove, and then the other programs as well. You can't have too many tools in your toolbox. And, for the record, I have software applications from everyone that I just mentioned.

So I read the CloneBD stuff. Will I still need to create an image first with AnyDVD and then use Clone BD....from the way I am reading it, I can use them at teh same time. Is that right?
Yes, you can use AnyDVD and CloneBD at the same time. In fact, CloneBD can't decrypt on its own without using AnyDVD to bypass the encryption.

If you still want to rip the disc first with AnyDVD, and then use CloneBD, that's ok as well.

Thank
Yes, you can use AnyDVD and CloneBD at the same time. In fact, CloneBD can't decrypt on its own without using AnyDVD to bypass the encryption.

If you still want to rip the disc first with AnyDVD, and then use CloneBD, that's ok as well.
s. Sorry to sound like such a dumbass. Lol

yeah I am in the middle of trying a MakeMKV one now. The first one came out great as far as video but NO sound. I don't know what I did there so tried a couple of changes adn trying another one then I will try the CloneBD one.

yeah I am in the middle of trying a MakeMKV one now. The first one came out great as far as video but NO sound. I don't know what I did there so tried a couple of changes adn trying another one then I will try the CloneBD one.
Please play around with the software that you're using. Any of the ones that I mentioned earlier should work without issue, but if you are having issues, check out what you're using to playback the media files. That could be a clue in what your issue is.

For example, you might have to change your settings in VLC or MPC-HC or PowerDVD to see what's going on. However, 90% of the time, the software is usually working correctly. It could be how the media file was created. It might be corrupted, for example, or something else.

Well mainly I convert them to put onto an ipad for when I go on camping trips and other stuff where we dont have cell coverage to be able to download or even stream if we want. I normally convert to an H264 file. What in your opinion would be the best way to do that. I have been using Aiseesoft Blu-ray ripper for years in conjunction with AnyDVD. It has done faily well but it does have one issue I have never been able to solve. Most of the conversions seem to dislodge (not sure if thats the correct way to say it) where the video and audio will become out of sync. All I have to do is back up the video by 10 seconds or so and then they mesh again until later and then I do that againa dn that is how I get thru the movies. I honestly don't know if it were to happen if I played it on my desktop because I never do

Well mainly I convert them to put onto an ipad for when I go on camping trips and other stuff where we dont have cell coverage to be able to download or even stream if we want. I normally convert to an H264 file. What in your opinion would be the best way to do that. I have been using Aiseesoft Blu-ray ripper for years in conjunction with AnyDVD. It has done faily well but it does have one issue I have never been able to solve. Most of the conversions seem to dislodge (not sure if thats the correct way to say it) where the video and audio will become out of sync. All I have to do is back up the video by 10 seconds or so and then they mesh again until later and then I do that againa dn that is how I get thru the movies. I honestly don't know if it were to happen if I played it on my desktop because I never do
I've never used the software program that you just described.

Like I said, please try out the programs that I mentioned earlier. I just found out that VLC, MPC-HC and PowerDVD (from 20 on up) will play the H264 video format. If the results are good with those applications, then test your H264 file with your iPad.

For the record, I've almost never had any issues with the programs I mentioned earlier.

I've never used the software program that you just described.

Like I said, please try out the programs that I mentioned earlier. I just found out that VLC, MPC-HC and PowerDVD (from 20 on up) will play the H264 video format. If the results are good with those applications, then test your H264 file with your iPad.

For the record, I've almost never had any issues with the programs I mentioned earlier.
Yeah I have an older version of PowerDVD so I will try that. Downloading the new version right now. One thing I have been thinking too is maybe I need a better quality BD drive. I am currently using a LG drive https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011327QXC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Do you have a better suggestion for me to use. It has to be a USB as I dont have a bay on my tower (need to change that - don't like it I prefer having a bay and an internal drive)

Yeah I have an older version of PowerDVD so I will try that. Downloading the new version right now. One thing I have been thinking too is maybe I need a better quality BD drive. I am currently using a LG drive https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011327QXC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Do you have a better suggestion for me to use. It has to be a USB as I dont have a bay on my tower (need to change that - don't like it I prefer having a bay and an internal drive)
@coopervid is one of the Mods here, plus he has recommendations for which BD drive to get. I would ask him.

To purchase them, here is a link from the bottom of this Forum on how to buy one:

Your current drive is a LG WP50NB40 and is limited to BD, not UHD. Depending on the model version there are cumbersome ways to make it UHD compliant but many have failed.
I guess you are located in the US since that was an Amazon.com link. Asmcom in the link provided by whatever_gong82 ships worldwide. To get in contact just send an email to him: uhdfriendlydrives@gmail.com

If you look for a seller in the US, contact Billy Carlton: Billycar5924@gmail.com

They all sell drives that work with UHD discs right out-of-the-box and all of them recommend Pioneer drives since these are the better readers, better burners and they are very rugged. LG type drives tend to die quite early.

Back