• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to treat 3D BluRays?

mont

Are 3D-BRs (like "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs") in any way different from normal BRs (maybe, their stream-files are different?)? Are there any measures to be taken to back them up properly, that might differ from "normal" BRs?

Another question about these new grounds:

Panasonic's new 3D-BR-player is supposed to play mkv files. So, since right now there is no 3D-capable hardware-player that supports iso files and therefor maybe could play 3D BR iso backups: what are the chances (and do you have any idea, how) to convert the "3D stream" of a 3D-BR (however that "stream" might look) to a mkv file and later on somehow feed it to the Panasonic player....

Are 3D-BRs (like "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs") in any way different from normal BRs (maybe, their stream-files are different?)? Are there any measures to be taken to back them up properly, that might differ from "normal" BRs?

Another question about these new grounds:

Panasonic's new 3D-BR-player is supposed to play mkv files. So, since right now there is no 3D-capable hardware-player that supports iso files and therefor maybe could play 3D BR iso backups: what are the chances (and do you have any idea, how) to convert the "3D stream" of a 3D-BR (however that "stream" might look) to a mkv file and later on somehow feed it to the Panasonic player....

Well I'm almost positive that you have to rip a 3D Blu Ray to iso otherwise the size will come out way too big for a disc, like 60-70 gb range. I'm not sure about converting that to an MKV. I'm guessing there would have to be some kind of special process.

@Racem: You're idd correct Although a 3D blu-ray is strictly not much different from a normal one and afaik only contains 1 video stream; from what i've read (i can be wrong) its the java & the file structure behind it that generate the stream for the 2nd eye.

If you rip to file structure it will idd rip the streams out for both eyes resulting in a size even too big for a BD-R DL. Rip to ISO is the only way to go

Excuse me I can't to rip Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk Blu-ray 3D bought from Amazon Germany.Ican't to rip files on my hard disc and also to obtain ISO from it(error in all ways).Can you help me?It occurs an Upgrade for this title blu ray 3D for any dvd HD?Thanks!.;)

Excuse me I can't to rip Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk Blu-ray 3D bought from Amazon Germany.Ican't to rip files on my hard disc and also to obtain ISO from it(error in all ways).Can you help me?It occurs an Upgrade for this title blu ray 3D for any dvd HD?Thanks!.;)
Need a logfile and what error?

It's possible to encode the left and right videostream into 2 separate files (for example a mkv, ts or m2ts container).
Additionally mux in one of these 2 files the audiostreams you want.
On a (HT)PC you can feed a 3D Tv with these 2 files using "stereoscopic player" or "NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player".
Looks great !!!

Or you convert the left and right videostream into 1 file ("side-by-side" or "top-bottom" method).
Just copy it on a usb stick, put it into the 3D TV and enjoy.
But the resolution for each eye is just 960x1080 (side-by-side), respectively 540x1920 (top-bottom).

But I'm sorry, I don't know, if this works also with your 3D Blu-ray player.

It's possible to encode the left and right videostream into 2 separate files (for example a mkv, ts or m2ts container).
Additionally mux in one of these 2 files the audiostreams you want.
On a (HT)PC you can feed a 3D Tv with these 2 files using "stereoscopic player" or "NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player".
Looks great !!!

Or you convert the left and right videostream into 1 file ("side-by-side" or "top-bottom" method).
Just copy it on a usb stick, put it into the 3D TV and enjoy.
But the resolution for each eye is just 960x1080 (side-by-side), respectively 540x1920 (top-bottom).

But I'm sorry, I don't know, if this works also with your 3D Blu-ray player.
Lot of work to go through when you can just make an ISO and mount that or buy a DL BD-R for around £4.00 to back it up on

Need a logfile and what error?

When I give blu ray into my GGW-H20L:the message is:
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.6.6.0)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL05 001002085781S54927
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 11706272 sectors (22863 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: CANYON_3D_DE_BD
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 17
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!

The message of error is error of writer...
But when I use it for other blu ray there are'nt problems!

Lot of work to go through when you can just make an ISO and mount that or buy a DL BD-R for around £4.00 to back it up on
Yes, of course that's right.
When you mount and play an iso (software playing with HTPC) or burn it on a BD (playing with 3D BD hardwareplayer) you NEED one of these new 3D TV models with shutter glasses.
If you have already this 3D equipment take the iso, of course.
I have not this new 3D equipment, I take the stereoscopic player and play the 3D 1080p rip via red/cyan anaglyph method to my 2D mitsubishi beamer HC5500.
Thats quasi "low cost 3D", but looks really great. :D

EDIT: Just found out that "CyberLink PowerDVD Mark II 10.0 Build 1830.51 Ultra 3D" can now display the BD's with red/cyan anaglyph method.
I thought that was only possible with shutter glass method. So from my new point of view it's in fact unnecessary to encode the orig. BD's into 2 separate streams.

Last edited:

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 17
BD-Live deactivated!

I don't understand, you still need to post the logfile (instructions are in the stickies). If you mean you get 'read' errors then that's the disc not AnyDVD HD

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 17
BD-Live deactivated!

Clean the disc. Check the tiny oil film which is on it, probably a leftover from the manufacturing process.

Back