• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to setup multiple devices to one TV and one Receiver Sound System

timmyd

I have a Samsung DVD/CD/AM-FM 5.1 surround sound receiver system with only one HDMI port. My TV has 3 HDMI ports. I also have an XBox360 and a dedicated computer both with one HDMI port.

The Samsung plays surround sound audio from DVDs however even though the dedicated computer and the XBox360 are connected to the other 2 HDMI ports on the TV the only way to get sound back through the Samsung receiver is to take the RCA sound out of the TV into the Samsung receiver. The sound is good and comes out of all the speakers but does not appear to be surround sound.

Is there some way to get all my devices with HDMI ports to play their sound through the Samsung as well as display the picture on the TV? Or do I need to break down and get a newer receiver?

thanks

timmyd

Back