• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to increase my CPU speed

gorgo

I tried using CloneBD again in awhile (way to slow) and I noticed it monitored my cpu speed always telling me that my cpu could work 11000 to 500% better. I've got a i7 3930 that's 12 cores at 3.20ghz each. How can I fix this?
Looks like some big things have happened in the 4 months I quit using.

Have you tried the latest version? If so, what CPU usage does CloneBD show for itself and other applications?
That CPU should fly through an encode, sounds like some sort of bottleneck on the system stopping it from reaching it's potential.

Mine flys, i7 4790K, 30 minutes to get an mkv file (main movie) and convert it to DVD-not too shaby!

Last edited:
Your cpu is fast, something is slowing down the data transfer to it, so the cpu is starving, and could work faster. Are you going directly from the disc, or from your hard drive? What OS are you using? You may have a driver problem if using Win10 and going from disc drive directly.

I tried using CloneBD again in awhile (way to slow) and I noticed it monitored my cpu speed always telling me that my cpu could work 11000 to 500% better. I've got a i7 3930 that's 12 cores at 3.20ghz each. How can I fix this?
Looks like some big things have happened in the 4 months I quit using.

There are a few possible reasons:
  • the source drive can't deliver data fast enough
  • the destination drive won't take it in fast enough
  • if your video source is VC-1, the decoder won't handle it fast enough (VC-1 decoder only works single-threaded). Fortunately 98% of all BDs have AVC video.
And then you have 6 cores (hyper threading sort of makes that 12, but it doesn't really count). AVC encoding will only use up to 4 cores simultaneuously, the remaining 2 cores will likely not be fully utilized for the remaining tasks, so that would leave some left-over idle time.

The performance data bars should tell you where the bottle neck is.

Back