• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to DE-couple CDROM driver from AnyDVD + ElbyCDIO drivers?

MonarchX

I have the latest AnyDVDHD (will refer to it as AnyDVD) installed, but it is UN-ticked (disabled) for the only BD-Drive I have and AnyDVD is NOT set to start with Windows and it is set to NOT Enabled (so it is Disabled), but Autoruns / Process Hacker still show that even if I set AnyDVD.sys driver service to "Manual/On-Demand", it starts with OS regardless. It makes sense because AnyDVD.sys and CDROM.sys drivers are now "coupled/combined", which means both are required for my BD Drive to work even if AnyDVD is not running, even if it is disabled, and even if it is set NOT to use my current BD Drive (unticked).

From what I understand that happens because BD Drive is an actual hardware device and its driver-service will start with OS regardless, which means AnyDVD.sys driver service will start with OS, and since ElbyCDIO.sys is part of AnyDVD, it is also forced to start.

How do I de-couple these drivers? I do not want to remove AnyDVD, but I do not want AnyDVD.sys running in the background and at the same time I want to use my BD-Drive.

All-in-all, how do I revert my BD-Drive's requirement to ONLY have CDROM.sys and not require AnyDVD.sys to run in the background when AnyDVD is not utilized, not enabled, and not set to use that BD-Drive WITHOUT uninstalling AnyDVD and WITHOUT disabling my BD-Drive? Does AnyDVD edit some CDROM.sys driver-related .INF file or Registry Entry that creates this requirement?

Back