• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to copy m4v movie using Clone DVD and AnyDVD?

thorspapa

I'm not a big time user of software, mostly I just use Clone DVD and AnyDVD to save movies that I really don't want to lose, so please bear with me if I require more specific instructions than the average user.

I recently purchased the French film Fantomas from the ITunes store. I want to be able to play it on any DVD player and watch it on a big screen, so I've tried to get Clone DVD to make a playable disc.

Clone DVD doesn't see it as a viable file to make a DVD with. I have AnyDVD running at the same time also. The ITunes movie plays fine on my computer, good quality, good sound with subtitles. File is 2.99 GB, plenty of room on a standard DVD without having to use compression.

Does it have to be converted to a different format before I can use Clone DVD to burn a playable disc? If so, what format do I need to convert to? And what software would work for this conversion?

I already tried using Freemake Video Converter and Any Video Converter without success. Freemake tries, and closes the moment it starts to work, while Any Video Converter burns me a DVD that doesn't play anywhere. I do have AnyDVD running when I try to do the conversions in case its a DRM issue. Doesn't help.

Can anybody help with this? I seem to be lacking the necessary knowledge to figure this one out. I've ben using both Clone DVD and AnyDVD for many years, and this is the first time I've not known what to do.

Help me......please :(

AnyDVD is only needed for discs, not files like m4v.

I'd give ConvertXtoDVD a try - it'll burn your DVD too, or you can use CloneDVD2 to burn the resulting DVD files to disc (using the Write Existing Data option).

Note: if the m4v file is DRM protected, then the above wont work for you.

In this case, Google may help regarding DRM removal:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=remove+drm+from+m4v

Last edited:
In this case, Google may help regarding DRM removal:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=remove+drm+from+m4v

Thank you for the reply. Since its an ITunes bought video, it has the DRM protection. I looked at the Google'd choices, but not only are the removal programs expensive to use for just this hard-to-find movie with English subtitles (most are in that $30+ range), but I had trouble with their 1-3 minute trial versions even working well.

Does anyone know of surefire way to get the DRM removed, to allow conversion and playing in other computers or DVD players?

I don't want to triple the cost of this movie just to do this.........:bang:

I don't want to triple the cost of this movie just to do this

I can understand you not wanting to fork out again, but the simplest option may be to source a DVD copy from Amazon or similar.

I can understand you not wanting to fork out again, but the simplest option may be to source a DVD copy from Amazon or similar.

Heck, if I could find a copy of this film anywhere that's playable in the US, with English subtitles, I'd buy it! I've been looking for a long time. Its easy to find this film in French, dubbed in other languages, or other language subtitles, but this is the first time I was able to find it in original French language with English subtitles.

But it happens to be available in this format only from the ITunes store.........:bang:

Maybe someone will have a solution for this..........8)

Heck, if I could find a copy of this film anywhere that's playable in the US, with English subtitles, I'd buy it! I've been looking for a long time. Its easy to find this film in French, dubbed in other languages, or other language subtitles, but this is the first time I was able to find it in original French language with English subtitles.

But it happens to be available in this format only from the ITunes store.........:bang:

Maybe someone will have a solution for this..........8)

Is this it: http://www.amazon.com/Fantomas-coffret-Original-French-Version/dp/B000BYY0W4

You can try using 'Requiem'. It hasn't been developed for a while, so it will only work on iTunes 10.7 or older, but from my experience it still works well (less than 5 minutes on an average 45 min TV episode)

I would recommend using a separate PC with 10.7 on, away from your other iTunes library.

Back