How to copy HD-DVDs to DVD+R

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by arosemena, Mar 7, 2008.

1. arosemena

arosemena New Member

Is there a simple way to copy my HD-DVD movies to DVD+R or DVD+R(DL)? Now that HD-DVD is dead I will like to preserve the 20 HD-DVDs that I purchased. I already have AnyDVD-HD and a reader/burner ( LG GGC-H20L BLU-RAY HD-DVD Reader BD-ROM).

2. damnskippy

damnskippy Well-Known Member

Nope not yet, it can be done as far as I can tell but it is a pain int he butt requiring several apps and a lot of time. I am waiting for the coders to put one together :)

3. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Why would one want to you lose the actual HD aspect by doing this.

4. YaniD

YaniD Well-Known Member

If you are talking about preserving your HD-DVD in their entirety for future PC playback or later conversion to Bluray or other format (should the discs you purchased fail in future and can't be replaced), then the process can be:

AnyDVD HD + ImgBurn->ISO on HDD
    Winrar + ISO->many 100MB rar files on HDD
    44 rar files + DVD writer->DVD?R->rinse & repeat

If you are talking about transcoding HD-DVD to DVD resolution, there isn't much point as it defeats the whole purpose of HD.

5. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

if backing up to DVD why would you make the RAR files 100mb, just choose the drop down option in winrar for dvd size files then you just end up with 4 -7 files for an HD DVD

6. hddvdsupporter

hddvdsupporter Well-Known Member

if your hd-dvd movie has a avc codec it's possible to convert it on some dvd+r dl, but 99% of all (my) hd-dvd movies has vc1 codec..

update: VC1 works also nearly perfect, only the first minute of the dvd+r dl stutters a little bit, after that the movie plays fine.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008