• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to copy HD-DVDs to DVD+R

arosemena

Is there a simple way to copy my HD-DVD movies to DVD+R or DVD+R(DL)? Now that HD-DVD is dead I will like to preserve the 20 HD-DVDs that I purchased. I already have AnyDVD-HD and a reader/burner ( LG GGC-H20L BLU-RAY HD-DVD Reader BD-ROM).

Nope not yet, it can be done as far as I can tell but it is a pain int he butt requiring several apps and a lot of time. I am waiting for the coders to put one together :)

Why would one want to you lose the actual HD aspect by doing this.

If you are talking about preserving your HD-DVD in their entirety for future PC playback or later conversion to Bluray or other format (should the discs you purchased fail in future and can't be replaced), then the process can be:

AnyDVD HD + ImgBurn->ISO on HDD
Winrar + ISO->many 100MB rar files on HDD
44 rar files + DVD writer->DVD?R->rinse & repeat

If you are talking about transcoding HD-DVD to DVD resolution, there isn't much point as it defeats the whole purpose of HD.

if backing up to DVD why would you make the RAR files 100mb, just choose the drop down option in winrar for dvd size files then you just end up with 4 -7 files for an HD DVD

if your hd-dvd movie has a avc codec it's possible to convert it on some dvd+r dl, but 99% of all (my) hd-dvd movies has vc1 codec..

update: VC1 works also nearly perfect, only the first minute of the dvd+r dl stutters a little bit, after that the movie plays fine.

Last edited:
Back