• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to copy DVD-Audio

ice2k8

Hi,

I would like to backup some of my DVD-Audio Discs. As those discs are out of production I really only want to take backups into my car. Is this possible with Clone-DVD/Any-DVD?

To clarify: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio - I want to copy the high-res MLP/LPCM tracks of the discs for playing in a dedicated DVD-Audio Player (in my car).

I tried with Clone-DVD, but Clone-DVD only seems to find the additional movie content and/or the AC3/DTS content. Direct cloning of the discs is difficult because the discs are often bigger then the 4,7 GB to be put on a DVD-R.

So what I would like Clone-DVD to do is to show me the high-res 2.0 or 5.1 MLP Tracks, read them and write those to a new DVD containing only those high-res tracks. Any hints if any-dvd/clone-dvd can do this? Any other methods w/other software?

Any help is very much appreciated.

ice2k8

LPCM can't be compressed it can only be converted for example to AC3.
But you may loose quality depending on the codec you use for the conversion.
So if you wanna keep it lossless use IMGBurn and a make a copy to a DVD 9 if it dosent fit to DVD 5.

Last edited:
AnyDVD does not remove CPPM?
But they don't remove watermark.Which can be detected by the player and than won't play if the Audio has watermark, since there is no CPPM. As far as I remember

Last edited:
To the Original Poster (OP): you could try out DVD Audio Extractor. It is trialware though (from the website, it says, "Download a 30 day trial version and try out for free").

That might help out your problem.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for Your answers. I will try CloneCD. And guess what: I actually didn't know there were DVD 9 recordables. Should be solving some of the problems because I can make one to one clones. I'll report back with the results.

ice2k8

CloneCD

Hey,

CloneCD copies the Discs. The copies load in to the player and the directory structure, titles and formats seem to be in order. But - no sound. The tracks play without sound and the timecode runs slightly faster. Maybe this is the copy protection?

Cheers!

ice2k8

Hey,

CloneCD copies the Discs. The copies load in to the player and the directory structure, titles and formats seem to be in order. But - no sound. The tracks play without sound and the timecode runs slightly faster. Maybe this is the copy protection?

Cheers!

ice2k8

Did you have AnyDVD on when you used CloneCD

CloneCD/AnyDVD

Yes. AnyDVD was running, while cloning the disc. I'll try cloning w/o anydvd. Btw: I tried BDlot DVD ISO Master. Does not work. Cheers, ice.

Last edited:
Eagles Hotel California

I tried Eagles - Hotel California and Eric Clapton - Reptile. I got lots more to try, but can continue to try tomorrow earliest, cause I forgot the Notebook at the office. :)

DVD-Audio How-to

Hey guys,

after lot's of research these are my findings on how to copy DVD-Audio. I am talking about the High-Res 24bit/96kHz 2.0/5.1 media in the AUDIO_TS Folder. This content is only playable in dedicated DVD-Audio Players.

- Clone-CD can copy the discs, but they do NOT work in my Player. (Porsche PCM In-Car Audio-System) The original discs play perfectly well. I don't know if this is true for other DVD-Audio Players.

- AnyDVD w/CloneDVD does not recognise the media in the Audio_TS Folder. You can only copy the DVD-Video Portion of the Discs which contain the AC3 and/or DTS5.1 versions of the media.

Extracting the highres media from DVD-Audio:

But: There is hope! There is software, which is able to extract the media from the DVD-Audio section. As I am a Mac User I use DVD-Audio Extractor. This program can extract the media files to .wav PCM 2.0 files in the original resolution.

It also can extract the 24bit/96kHz 5.1 data to .wav 6-channel PCM but the bitrate is to high for DVD so have have to resample it to a maximum of 48kHz.

For this problem DVD-Audio uses MLP (Meridian Lossless Packing). With MLP you can play the 6-channel full resolution of 24bit/96kHz from a DVD.

And this is the Problem: You could also demux the Audio_TS to .mlp files, but I couldn't finde a piece of software, which can write .MLP to disc.

There used to be Discwelder Chrome from Minnetonka Software, but this prog is out of production.

Burning the media to DVD-Audio:

First of all 24bit/48kHz is also good. If You do not need the 5.1 media and You probably won't, because 24bit/96kHz or even 192kHz 2.0 sounds awesome. In my car and to my ears, anyway. :)

I found two Mac OS X Progs which can do the job: Burn (PCM 2.0 only) and Discwelder Bronze from Minnetonka, which can burn Multichannel Discs.

"Burn" can also convert from different formats to PCM 2.0 on the fly, so you can burn formats like FLAC to a DVD-Audio.

Cheers,

ice

There is also now a plugin for Foobar (Win only) that makes ripping DVD-A a little easier, especially if you're planning to make properly tagged flac (or other) format versions for streaming etc.

Back