• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to back up / save?

Niall

Hi
I have copied / backed up a shop bought DVD film on to another Blank DVD with no issues. :)
BUT how do I make a back up of the film on to the pc or external hard drive so I can either watch the film later on the pc or make a DVD of the film or even copy it on to my phone all at a later date or even onto a USB stick?

I am sure years ago ( in the XP days)I could do this but cant find how to do it now

Thanks Niall

Last edited:
Simple, on the last page before you hit go. On top change from "burner" to "DVD Files". Then simply at the bottom navigate to where you want the files to be. Note you do need to specify a foldername with the movie name first. Or the files will get replaced each time. the VIDEO_TS folder containing te actual files will get created automatically I do it it all the time: eg

X:\DVDRips\A\Alice In Wonderland

After ripping it will then look like

x:\DVDRips\A\Alice in Wonderland\Video_TS\ <insert files>

Thanks
I think I have understood it
I will try it and come back if I can get it to work
Enter the output directory
I click browse select library's and then video - make new folder and name it - the fast and furious looks like this
C:/Users/Niall/Videos/the fast and furious

click go
is this right?

Thanks

yup,

You don't manually have to create the folder with the movie name (though you can), i don't either. CloneDVD creates it itself if it doesn't exist. The important thing is that you label the movie name.

In your case you want them in C:\Users\Niall\Videos for a movie "The Fast and The Furious". Even though the folder "The Fast and The Furious" doesn't exist yet you can specify it in the output. CloneDVD will create it, and put the VIDEO_TS folder inside it :) I never create the folder myself. I let CloneDVD do that, saves that little bit of extra time.

The reason you "have" to specify the movie name is bifold.

1) if you don't it would like look like "C:\Users\Niall\Videos\VIDEO_TS". Good luck figuring out which movie it was without launching a player ;)
2) the next time you would do it the existing VIDEO_TS folder would just get replaced with the new movie contents

Thanks I think I have got it to work
The usb stick was playing in segments of 30 minutes then went on to the next chapter
I burned to the DVD disc and it came back as empty when I tried to play it in the dvd player and it just list's all the files when I tried it in the pc
I did save it as a Full clone of the disc though if this makes a difference
Am I doing some thing wrong?
I opened the file location clicked on Video TS and clicked burn
Thank you for all your help

You might have checked the box to 'create files per chapter'. As you say yourself 'then moves on to next chapter'. Disable that checkbox on the final screen.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks I will give it another go and report back
if it doesn't work I will do screen shots of each stage
Thank you once again

You might have checked the box to 'create files per chapter'. As you say yourself 'then moves on to next chapter'. Disable that checkbox on the final screen.
No option like that in CloneDVD2.
You're thinking of CloneDVDmobile's 'produce separate chapter files' option.

Still playing in chapters on the USB what am I doing wrong?
why is the the Back up saved as lots of files and not a film like I have saved on the pc that is downloaded of the internet?

Thanks Niall

Still playing in chapters on the USB what am I doing wrong?
why is the the Back up saved as lots of files and not a film like I have saved on the pc that is downloaded of the internet?

Confirm the product name & version number of the software you're using.

Define "chapters". Are you referring to the 1GB files? Thats their normal size, and how they are supposed to be. DVD's are created from .vob, .bup and .ifo files. That entire structure makes up the DVD and playback behavior. It's exactly the same on the original retail disc. As far as the "downloaded of the internet" goes, can't help you there, this isn't a piracy forum.

If you want a movie output like .avi or .mp4 you're using the wrong product and you need CloneDVD Mobile.

Confirm the product name & version number of the software you're using.
anyDVD and clone DVD I have just downloaded them tonight as trail versions

Just made a DVD back up and it Plays okay.
it is just the USB stick that plays in 30 minutes segments
When I made the USB I just dragged and dropped the folder from the pc to the usb stick
I will try again tomorrow
Thanks everyone

If you're just doing a drag & drop then the file structure is identical as the original DVD and exactly as it should be. The fault is then with your playback device/software. Not all standalone players support folder playback. You might need to point the playback device to the root folder containing the VIDEO_TS folder or the video_ts.ifo file inside the VIDEO_TS folder for it to work correctly.

Either way a copy/past or folder output from CloneDVD cannot cause a 30min segment playback. It's a player issue.

Finally after all my messing i have got what I want:

My setting that I used are, Clone DVD mobile, MP4 AVC , zoom = none, 720 Res and 2 passes

Using clone dvd mobile I managed to backup films and I can put the backs ups on to a USB stick , my phone all by just drag and drop and play the film directly on the pc

I can also put the film on to a blank DVD via third party software.

I have also done ISO backups of the film using clone DVD2 and manage to burn the film to a blank DVD. Which plays

It has taken me all day but now I am happy
It would seem the clone dvd mobile is very similar to the clone DVD of the XP era

Thank you very much for all your help
Ps the films I downloaded i paid for and are from filmous.com.

Last edited:
Back