• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How exactly does ReClock resample?

andy o

I'm just wondering, Reclock resamples once on-the-fly and then re-resamples that to the exact output sample rate, right? Just wanted to make sure.

I'm just wondering, Reclock resamples once on-the-fly and then re-resamples that to the exact output sample rate, right? Just wanted to make sure.

No, ReClock resamples only once.

I was having trouble understanding that. So for instance, it resamples to 96034 Hz or whatever, when using WASAPI excluisve, is that the exact sampling rate it's outputting, and do all receivers deal with such odd sampling rates?

I did a test where ReClock was outputting some really off sampling rate like 75 kHz, but my receiver still showed 96, so that's why I thought ReClock resampled again to a fixed rate.

I was having trouble understanding that. So for instance, it resamples to 96034 Hz or whatever, when using WASAPI excluisve, is that the exact sampling rate it's outputting, and do all receivers deal with such odd sampling rates?

I did a test where ReClock was outputting some really off sampling rate like 75 kHz, but my receiver still showed 96, so that's why I thought ReClock resampled again to a fixed rate.
Receivers don't deal with odd rates. But instead of resampling twice (e.g., for PAL speed up compensation), it only resamples once for obvious quality and performance reasons. If it shows a lower rate (e.g. 94kHz) it simply chooses a higher samplerate which your soundcard plays at its fixed rate (e.g. 96kHz).

All right get it now, I was really confused but it just dawned on me. Thanks.

Back