• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do you feed PCM into reclock ?

mchabana

Hi,

i have read in the reclock general thread that people who need to use the SPDIF output have to feed the AC3 encoder with PCM. But how do you perform this ? Do you need to use ACfilter or ffdshow for that and if so, what are the correct settings for the entire chain ?

Does it also mean that you willl eventually have DTS output as AC3 ?

Many thanks & regards,

Albert.

I haven't tried DTS yet, but I just started feeding AC3 to FFDshow Audio decoder. This outputs PCM to Reclock, which will then re-encode it back to AC3, which you can then send on to your receiver.

Make sure you check "Use AC3 encoder for PCM".

It appears that for DTS, you could do the same as FFDshow now has pretty solid DTS decoding.

Edit: Check the "Mixer" settings on FFDshow for channel output options. Also, check the "Output" section for settings. Make sure under "Codecs" you have AC3 set to liba52.

Also, if you have 2-channel output (like I do with HDMI to my monitor), you can have FFDshow "mix" down to 2 channels and uncheck the "Use AC3 encoder for PCM" on Reclock config.

Last edited:
Also, if you have 2-channel output (like I do with HDMI to my monitor), you can have FFDshow "mix" down to 2 channels and uncheck the "Use AC3 encoder for PCM" on Reclock config.
... or you check "use AC3 encoder only for multichannel sources" which does that automatically. Multichannel meaning "more than 2 channels".

Back