• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How Do You Copy Blu-Ray Discs

I think you're referring to something I said. My xbox 360 only does 1080i simply because my TV only allows 1080p on HDMI and the 360 only has component(at least mine anyway). So yes, it's dependent on the graphics card and what you have it connected to. My PS3 is connected via HDMI so I get 1080p. My new HTPC does 1080p and will work for both HD DVD and Blu-ray images.

Ah ok now I understand again. The drive itself doe not have anything to do with the resolution only the screen and the connection?!

Thank you

Ah ok now I understand again. The drive itself doe not have anything to do with the resolution only the screen and the connection?!

Thank you

Yes, that's correct. The HD DVD drive only transmits the data to the playback device, be it the 360 or an HTPC. The playback device is what controls the output.

So if I rip a Bluray with 1080p to the harddrive the files on the harddrive are also 1080p. If I burn them again to a BD-R they are still 1080p only if they "leave" the PC to a screen or something like that the resolution is controlled?!

So if I rip a Bluray with 1080p to the harddrive the files on the harddrive are also 1080p. If I burn them again to a BD-R they are still 1080p only if they "leave" the PC to a screen or something like that the resolution is controlled?!

Ok, if the source disc is encoded for 1080p playback, ripping them won't change the resolution. Again, your playback device will play them either at 1080p if it's able to or will scale it down(say if you have a 720p only tv or something). The act of ripping it and burning it will not change the resolution that it was originally encoded at. I hope that makes sense.

Yes that really makes sense. Asked just to make sure I understood it completly. Thank you very much

Hello SamuriHL,

What i say it's real and TRUE! Believe me...

I swear by my onw life! I know most people say it's not possible but with me it worked ok
Just one update, my configuration is:

PC: Intel Dual Core 2.4 with 4gb of RAM
Graphic card: nVidea 8800 GTS
Blu Ray: BRW 100A (with latest firmware)
AnyDVD: latest beta

I also could not believe it worked ok, but now my Power DVD Ultra, with the special patch version 3319a, can read the Blu Ray disc in FULL with everything. I'm talking about the backup on the BD-R-DL 50Gb, the original i still cannot play at all!

Just one problem...
With my backup disk I cannot access the menu with my mouse, only using Power DVD Ultra shortcuts AND the keyboard keys!

If you travel to Portugal i can show you, in orther to proove oit, that what i'm saying is true!
I just followed your tips and, by my own risk, burned a new compilation into my first and probably only BD-R-DL.

As i say, this is grate but it's not ok for most users. A BD-R-DL is VERY expensive, at least in Portugal.

I want to thank you SamuriHL for your excelent tips and you ALL for sharing info.

And offcourse to AnyDVD team for this excelent tool.

PLEASE NOTE, in my case i'm NOT doing any piracy, my backup disc is ONLY for my personal use.

Beest regards,

hr_muadib.

Have you tried playing it back in a settop player or only in your PC drive. I've found if you write it back to a disc it will play on a PC drive as it's the same as playing it off the harddrive, but if you put it in a PS3 or other standalone player it won't play back properly, you get the message about needing to go to the Fox website to update the player, the menu's work fine but the film plays back corrupted.
Also looking at the original instructions at the beginning of this post on how to back up, there is no need to copy over all the folders again after you've used AnydvdHD to rip them. I've found that for a non BD+ film all you need to do is use Anydvd HD's 'Rip Video DVD to HD' option and that brings over the BDMV and Certificate folder. I then just burn those straight to disc and it works fine in my PS3. I don't ever have any reason to delete all those folders and copy them back over again as they come over with region code removed the first time so it seems a bit pointless. Also if you want to cut it down to try and fit it onto a single layer disc, try playing the individual M2TS files and find out which ones are the extras. If you're not bothered about watching them just move the files out to another folder on your harddrive somewhere and then check that the disc still plays in powerdvd and if it does you can burn that to disc minus those extras files. I've done this with a few films where all I wanted was the film, but it wouldn't quite fit on a single layer until I removed the extras

Last edited:
ripping silver surfer

How did you rip silver surfer blu ray? I keep getting an "unrecognized file system" error.

You're going to need to install a UDF driver. Search google for "toshiba udf" and it should turn up. It's technically for the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive but it should work for you.

Back