• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do I turn it back on ?

Fred256

Hi,

I've just installed a Pioneer Blu Ray burner to my comp. Running Windows XP SP3. Explorer sees the drive OK and it works fine with everything EXCEPT AnyDVD. Under Settings the Drive letter shows up but you're told -

Unknown disc type (empty?), AnyDVD turned off!

Put a disk in the drive and AnyDVD ignores it.
Any help appreciated. Thanks ! The drive is on the SATA bus.

Op talks about "unknown disc type, anydvd turned off". That has nothing to do with XP not being able to handle blurays natively. Anydvd has a built in driver for that. That turned off message is usually a specific indicator that a blank disc is inserted.

@op: do you have a blank disc in the drive? In that case its normal that anydvd turns itself off. Why would it enable itself if there is nothing on the disc to decrypt.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Hi,

I've just installed a Pioneer Blu Ray burner to my comp. Running Windows XP SP3. Explorer sees the drive OK and it works fine with everything EXCEPT AnyDVD. Under Settings the Drive letter shows up but you're told -

Unknown disc type (empty?), AnyDVD turned off!

Put a disk in the drive and AnyDVD ignores it.
Any help appreciated. Thanks ! The drive is on the SATA bus.

Please post a logfile of this disc.

I think I have isolated the problem. I had added a PCIe SATA card and the BD drive was connected to that - and appeared to be fine in Explorer, but on further checks something really weird happened. I ripped a audio CD with EAC (successfully) but afterwards Explorer showed the audio CD as bring a DVD (with Video_TS folder).
I have no idea what that was as there were no DVDs in any drive. Removing or changing the disk made no difference to Explorer - it was still there. I could read some of them with hex editor, but couldn't identify what they were. The larger ones didn't open.
Eventually I swapped sata ports and then AnyDVD kicked in nicely, so it wasn't to blame. Perhaps this controller card just doesn't like optical drives; so far is OK with a HD.

Back