• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do I know what Booktype I have?

nacholibre

I've successfully backed up over 20 of my movies, but after reading through the forum I noticed that the booktype on DVD+Rs should be changed to DVD-ROM? I also read that depending on your burner, it Clone DVD might do it automatically. Well,all my backups play on 3 different type of DVD players I have with no problem. I'm assuming the booktype is being changed automatically (I have a new computer, pretty high end HP). How can I be sure?

use dvdinfo is one way. the other way is to look at the AnyDVD status window (it'll say DVD-ROM if the booktype has been correctly set)

use dvdinfo is one way. the other way is to look at the AnyDVD status window (it'll say DVD-ROM if the booktype has been correctly set)

OK in the AnyDVD status window it says DVD-ROM on one of my backups, so that means that on this computer I'll never have to worry about setting book type, right? CloneDVD will do it for me automatically? This is hardware (burner) dependant and doesn't matter if I switch recordable media brands/types, right?

OK in the AnyDVD status window it says DVD-ROM on one of my backups, so that means that on this computer I'll never have to worry about setting book type, right?

Certainly seems that way (at least for whatever blank disc type you used)

Back