• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How can you check if BluRay media is good?

jimbo1mcm

Is there a program or a procedure to check if your blank BD-R or RE is good? There seem to be so many cases of forum members that have had problems with different media. Is there any way to put the media in your drive and check it first? thanks.

No, how would you be able to check if the media is good before writing to it? Or if your player will play it without actually having a disc to try it

You could always look online for whats worked for others with the same burner as you. Some manufacturers even have lists of recommended media for their drives.

Media

I was just hoping there was a program like Scandisk that might be able to spot any irregularities in the dye or other problems.

even though there is do u think its really worth it

coz if u brand name disc and everything works fine with brand name player
do u satisfied? i would like my burn copy to be played on atleast 5-10 different layers
it might not be able to work with another brand name

what iam saying is its kinda personal choice and kinda way too early to determine what brand of bluray is good for burning

and it depends on how and what kinda of s/w u use from starting to ending

Image Burn Discovery mode

This is a test mode that writes to all the sectors. It will tell you if your disc is good or bad. Only problem is that it takes over 3 hours to test a 50 GB BD-RE. At least it is a program and when it runs you can see the exact spot that the data stops writing if the disc is bad. I used it this way and found that I had a Panasonic 50 GB BD- RE that was bad after about 1:45 into a recording. As I watched it, it started to do re-writes and stopped writing at the bad spot.

Last edited:
This is a test mode that writes to all the sectors. It will tell you if your disc is good or bad. Only problem is that it takes over 3 hours to test a 50 GB BD-RE. At least it is a program and when it runs you can see the exact spot that the data stops writing if the disc is bad. I used it this way and found that I had a Panasonic 50 GB BD- RE that was bad after about 1:45 into a recording. As I watched it, it started to do re-writes and stopped writing at the bad spot.

I actually got TDK to replace a BD-RE that always failed around the same spot (47%). Well, it had a year's guarantee on it! Imgburn discovery mode told me where it was failing ....

Back