• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How can I play UHD on the fly without AnyDVD?

thinredline

Hello.
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. (please move it if it is)
I'm talking about UHDs that are currently unsupported by AnyDVD (see here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/list-of-uhds-currently-un-supported-in-anydvd.76597)

In the past I could play some with MPC-HC or VLC but now it seems impossible.
I have an external drive LG-BU40N with firmware v1.03mk.
My pc's specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G, CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3,70GHz
Graphics Card: Manli GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, RAM: 64GB
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I've also makemkv installed, and in the intergration tab, I've checked VLC.

Is there any trick I can do to play them with these 2 software (VLC and MPC-HC)?
I use PotPlayer too, but nothing.

Last edited:
"I've also makemkv installed, and in the intergration tab, I've checked VLC."
You should post in that forum not here to get help with that issue. But VLC integration will only work with the paid version of Makemkv.

"I've also makemkv installed, and in the intergration tab, I've checked VLC."
You should post in that forum not here to get help with that issue. But VLC integration will only work with the paid version of Makemkv.

Thanks, I will. Though I was wondering if anyone here has any advice about VLC and MPC-HC (or PotPlayer) playing UHDs, without the use of makemkv too. (I just wrote that as an additional information about my system).
I could in the past. It didn't always work with the same 4K blu-ray, but it did sometimes.

If AnyDVD supports the disc there is no problem to play with either VLC or MPC but sometimes these players have issues with the menus. Then you have to drill down to BDMV/STREAM and pick the largest stream (main movie).

If AnyDVD supports the disc there is no problem to play with either VLC or MPC but sometimes these players have issues with the menus. Then you have to drill down to BDMV/STREAM and pick the largest stream (main movie).

Yes, I know.
My problem (and the reason I started this thread) is with the unsupported by AnyDVD UHDs.
I just got 6 discs from amazon, and unfortunately 3 of them are in the unsupported list. :(

Here you'll have to wait for support in AnyDVD, or try to rip with MakeMKV. With AnyDVD running you can not start playback for unsuppored Disc's with VLC, as coopervid suggested.

Back