• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How can I merge two discs into one?

lmc

Sure.

Mount the ISO using Virtual CloneDrive which is freeware and then use the mounted image as the source and output to DVD-5 with CloneDVD. I would suggest removing unnecessary audio streams and video titles to keep the quality as high as possible.

I JUST posted a query about burning two .iso files onto one, single layered, blank dvd - would this solution work for my question, also?

If so, I am not sure of some of the terminology that you use, Lye - such as "mounting" an iso image as the source, etc...

Thank you for your assistance, Lye
lmc

I JUST posted a query about burning two .iso files onto one, single layered, blank dvd - would this solution work for my question, also?

If so, I am not sure of some of the terminology that you use, Lye - such as "mounting" an iso image as the source, etc...

Thank you for your assistance, Lye
lmc

No, no Slysoft or Elaborate Bytes product can merge multiple discs or images into a single image or burn to a single disc.

Last edited:
combining multiple files to create one file for backup

I recall requesting information on a similar situation previously - and wanted to double check this to see if there is any possible way that I can combine files to created one, .iso, back-up file.

I have a DVD that I want to back up - one side of the disc has 2 files on it the other side has 1 file on it - for a total of appx. 2H 20M time - which could could easily fit on one side of a blank 4.7GB DVD.

Is there any possible way to combine these files into one .iso or a way to burn the completed .iso (meaning, converted to .iso and ran through shrink/compression).

I have created and saved both a compressed, .iso file for each side (so I have 2 .iso files that, if I cannot combine the 2, it means that I will have to use 2 blank DVDs).

Additionally, I have saved the multi-type extension files for each side of the DVD - I did not erase the files when running them through Clone DVD.

I was hoping to be able to combine the two sides onto one blank, single-sided DVD and preserve the menus.

Can I do this?

I was thinking that I could possibly save the 2 files with the multiple extensions into one file or save the data from both file in one file - my idea behind this would be that the files would be uniquely numbered, identifiable by Clone DVD and/or another program (ie: Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Rip-it4-Me, etc).

I am not aware of a way to do it with Clone DVD, unless I could use the trim editing tool - and, if it can't be completed completed by Clone DVD, could I use a combination of Clone DVD and another program to get this task completed? I do understand that the forum etiquette dictates that this discussion board is not the place to get advice and recommendations for other programs, programs that are not part of the Slysoft suite, and any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated.

lmc

You cannot use CloneDVD to merge sources from different original discs or parts of separate discs. In this case with a two-sided disc each side is considered a separate source.

DVD Shrink could be used to put both sides on a DL disc since each side of a two-sided disc is a single layer. You'll need to use a third-party product to do what you are wanting to do. It's not within the scope of CloneDVD's features.

You won't be able to save the original menus if you join the two sides onto one single-sided disc with any third-party software that I am aware of. You also will be doing a great deal of compression. You should combine then using a third-party software as a DVD-9 disc first and then transcode or re-encode them down to a DVD-5 size but you'll end up losing a good deal of quality from the original.

I'm going to move this to the Third Party Products forum because what you are seeking is found there.

Last edited:
Why not give DVD2One a try here is a link to the website

Last edited by a moderator:
DVDFab Platinum will do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone linking directly to competing commercial software again in this thread will be banned. :policeman:

Back