How 2 copy dvd-Games?

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by dashhappy, Feb 14, 2007.

  1. dashhappy

    dashhappy Well-Known Member

    Hello;

    I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 registered and the latest versions and I'm wondering is there a way I can make a copy of the
    DVD Game 2142Battlefield?
    I can't seem to get this figured out :> Thanks
    dashhappy@charter.net
     
  2. Charlie

    Charlie Well-Known Member

    It can't might look into clonecd maybe? I know alcohol 120 % can do this for sure.
     
  3. dashhappy

    dashhappy Well-Known Member

    Help :>

    Can I clone a copy of 2142Battlefield with clonecd? If so, How? I did so but it won't load the copy to play.. Or is there another program I could use to make a copy of this dvd game and use it to play instead of my original disk?
    Thanks.
    dashhappy
     
  4. mmdavis

    mmdavis Well-Known Member

    CloneCD

    When you backed up the CD did you use the Protected PC Game profile? If not, use that. You may need to use the Hide CDR Media option. Try the back-up you have done using this and see if it works. Go to: Start/Programs/Slysoft/CloneCD/CloneCD Tray. That should put a gray sheep icon in your Taskbar. Right click on the icon and check Hide CDR Media option. The icon should turn orange
     
  5. dashhappy

    dashhappy Well-Known Member

    No options to select protected game

    :confused: No protected game profile was offered to use nothing was it just asked which dvd drive the sourse was in and it wanted me to select the target dvd drive to burn a copy to but no other options.. This is a dvd-game. I downloaded the latest trial version of clone-cd. :confused:
     
  6. mmdavis

    mmdavis Well-Known Member

    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  7. dashhappy

    dashhappy Well-Known Member

    No it's pc-Game

    Nope, it's the new Battlefield 2142 Pc game. I'm disabled and I like playing against others online and I am affraid I'll possibly damage the store bought dvd-game disk I got for Christmas by playing it sooooooo much. I just would like to make a copy of it :> I'm not sure what program to use. Clone cd- did copy it and when I ran the disk it started up, went to the Battlefield 2142 logo screen, then no further. Should I use CLONEDVD2 ?...
    Again, Thank you 4 your responses.
     
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  8. dashhappy

    dashhappy Well-Known Member

    Please Help!

    I'm trying to make a copy of the DVD-GAME Battlefield2142, Is Clonedvd2 the program I use or is it CloneCD? I burned a copy with clonecd but the game wouldnot wrk. clonecd only asked me the source drive and the destination drive and no other options like Protective Game or such.. I have made MANY copies of movies using Clonedvd2 with 100% success.(I'm Disabled and I'm Home all the time So I watch Movies and Play PC- Games most of the time) But I never tried to make a copy of a pc-dvd-game, is this possible? Please help... Thank you sooooooo much.
     
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  9. Charlie

    Charlie Well-Known Member

    Why did you repost? Your question has been answered I believe on the other posts like this?
     
  10. dashhappy

    dashhappy Well-Known Member

    Sorry

    I'm sorry but the person that replyed on the other post wasn't able to help. His advice didn't work :> I thought I should submit this problem to the Clonedvd form since the game is a dvd. Again I'm sorry.
     
  11. Charlie

    Charlie Well-Known Member

    No biggie slysoft is working on gamejackal but it isn't released yet. could get alcohol 120% if it is a must get done now.
     
  12. Webslinger

    Webslinger Retired Moderator

    1, Clonedvd2 backs up movies--not games.

    2. Do not create multiple threads on the same topic. Thank you.
     
  13. standav

    standav New Member

    I own Alcohol 120% and have not been able to get it to make a workable copy of BF2, let alone 2142. I think their software blows. You can use it to make a copy of a CD, but then you have to take 41 additional steps and load other programs to actually get a working CD. What kind of program does only 10% of the work for you and leaves you to search the internet for answers on how to do the other 90%. SlySoft, how about a version of CloneCD that makes workable copies of games that I don't have to spend days of additional effort to make work correctly? That would be terrific. - A very satisfied AnyDVD user.
     
  14. terrberr

    terrberr New Member

    Help Battlefield

    I am having the same problem with backing up Battlefield 2142. I have the latest updates and Hide CDR Media checked. It will back up and go to the start screen but that's it. I am hard on games so I need to back them up..