• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hot Tub Time Machine causes AnyDVD 6.6.8.0 to crash

Pelvis Popcan

Problem identified by Peer.

The reason for the trouble is simply this:
- CPU is PIII 1.1 gHz

That oldtimer doesn't support SSE2, which AnyDVD has been using for quite a number of previous versions now.

Last edited:
I went to my home library and tried another Fox title that I know has BD+: The Day the Earth Stood Still.

It also crashes in the same way!!!

Is this just me? Someone please check!!

Last edited:
It seems all Fox titles with BD+ are now causing this crash. I'm going nuts not knowing if it's AnyDVD or just me. I think it's just me. But I have no idea how to troubleshoot from here!!

Just tried: Mirrors, and Donnie Darko Director's Cut. Both crashed in the same way!!

I have Tooth Fairy on BD and can hook up my BD-rom to see if I get a crash as well with AnyDVD HD to try and ease the "It just me thing"

So far it seems all titles dated after September 2008 crash, although I see in the BD+ thread someone is working fine with AnyDVD 6.6.8.0 and The Joneses Region A USA which hasn't been released yet!

That's all for now!

(All titles are Region A USA.)

:bang:

Last edited:
Isn't Quantum of Solace a Sony bluray, hence a non-BD+ title?

Also have you tried an older build of AnyDVD? I recently saw the US rental version of Hot Tub, but I don't remember if I already had 6.6.8.0 installed.

X-files fight the future region A works fine for me with 6.6.8.0
No problems with Day The Earth Stood Still, or QoS

Last edited:
I completely uninstalled 6.6.8.0 and installed 6.6.2.0. The crashing problem disappears!

F***. That means my system is unable to run the latest versions of AnyDVD properly for some reason! D***!!!!!!! I have NO idea where there could be a problem!

It could be that the system I'm running it on is quite old. I don't use it for watching discs, only backing up. Maybe I don't have enough RAM to run AnyDVD any more? I only have 512 megs. :(

This SUCKS. :(

Last edited:
Going to be a difficult one to figure out as it seems to work fine on other systems

This kind of stuff always happens to me on Sunday. Worst day of the week for me it always seems. :(

Some non standard things on my system:

- AnyDVD is installed on drive "E" in "AnyDVD HD x.x.x.x" folder (x is version number)
- User files directory is on drive "H" in "User Files" folder
- RAM is low at 512 megs
- Drive space on drive C is low at 727 megs free
- Blu-Ray drive is manually assigned letter "Z"
- CPU is PIII 1.1 gHz

I know I need to buy or build a new computer. Can't find the time!!!

I'm open to ANY troubleshooting ideas. It seems if AnyDVD 6.6.2.0 can work then 6.6.8.0 should be able to work on the same titles... AnyDVD is still advertised to work at at least 500 mhz and 64 megs of RAM, right?

Totally wiped 6.6.2.0 and installed 6.6.6.8 in default installation directory of Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD.

The crashing problem is back. :(

AnyDVD reads from the drive for about 5 or so seconds before the exception happens.

Uninstalled 6.6.6.8 and installed 6.6.8.0, still crashing. :(

I'm at a loss. :(

What happens during BD+ scanning in 6.6.8.0 that doesn't happen in 6.6.2.0?

I haven't backed up a BD+ disc for quite some time. I really don't feel like going back and uninstalling and reinstalling until I find which exact version the crashing starts happening... although I may have no choice! :(

I fear my only hope is to pray one of the SlySoft developers is able to see something I'm not!!

I'll ask the development team to have a look at the dump in one of your previous replies. Stop trying to get this to work until we analyze what is causing the termination. Thanks.

I did try removing the SiRemFil filter. This was for a PCI SATA card that I tried installing back in February that didn't end up working so I took it out... but forgot to uninstall the drivers. I uninstalled them (which includes SI3112.sys, SiRemFil.sys, and SiWinAcc.sys), removed it from UpperFilters, and rebooted. Was hoping that was the culprit, it wasn't... still crashes. :(

Thanks very much Frank. I'm sorry for the information overload... I just think it's better to have too much info than not enough! Yes I did freak out. :)

The reason for the trouble is simply this:
- CPU is PIII 1.1 gHz

That oldtimer doesn't support SSE2, which AnyDVD has been using for quite a number of previous versions now.

ouch a P3 cpu, i thought those were all in landfill sites :p

Well that really sucks for me... it is an old timer system but it worked great for what I needed it for... and backed up BD-ROMs flawlessly until now.

I have no idea how long it's going to take me to get a new system up and running. I may try to fall back on a third party product, but who knows how that will pan out.

I don't suppose it's possible to include some sort of legacy support option is there? Probably not just for one person (me). :(

Last edited:
I feel very bad for Pelvis as I like the idea of AnyDVD being able to work for HD even on PIII machines! I run two PIII machines in my network in fact. Less machines that AnyDVD supports is not a good thing in my book and doesn't give me any warm fuzzies. :) Even though not many people are probably affected, it would be a good thing for advertising AnyDVD's versatility!

Many programs I am aware of are made so that they can run in a "legacy mode" for older CPUs. (Most just check what CPU is in the system and then run accordingly.) Isn't there any way you can bring back legacy CPU support? That would be nice I think! :)

At the very least you should probably put in a warning message if AnyDVD detects a CPU that isn't supported for some BD+ titles and/or other things.

Pelvis please report back in the third party forum if you have success with other software on one of your crashing BD+ titles. I'd just like to know if it works as a fallback for folks in your position... not that I have any big plans myself for running AnyDVD on a PIII system any time soon, but it's good knowledge to have (the more you know)!! :)

Last edited:
Well it's hardly surprising when you consider the PIII went end of line in 2003. At some point companies have to stop supporting such outdated equipment and move on.

Last edited:
Back