• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

hope for PDVD 11

thedatman

I recently got PDVD 11 because I got a new monitor. With my old CRT RPTV I never knew what reclock could do.

I have been working the bugs out with PC playback. There has been a motion issue that with pdvd 11 is unwatchable and with my OEM TMT3 it’s just an occasional shutter, every minute or so. Most people wouldn’t see it at first.

I tried reclock and with both players it solved the motion jerkiness but not without issues. With pdvd 11 the color calibration is way over saturated. I got it dialed in very nice and would prefer not to have to recalibrate it to use reclock. With TMT3 I get no audio bit the video seemed to run smooth.

Any suggestions?

I had some success last night with pdvd 11. I uninstalled Zoomplayer and all its programs and I lowered the color from 45 to 30 and it looked damn good. I have to figure out why the color gets boosted so much from reclock. It will be a pain to have to keep changing it between sources.
The motion was much better not 100% but close. I watch the same movie from the original through the BD player and motion is 100% smooth the player set @ 24p and the set 24p direct in @ 60hz.

I would suggest you double/triple check this because there is no way Reclock should have any impact on color or brightness of video. I would say it is impossible, but experience has taught me never to be so definitive when it comes to PCs. However, it is very very very unlikely and just about impossible!

I think you are right I ran the player without reclock and it seems pdvd 11 is boosting the color compared to tmt3. I never really watch enough because the jerky motion was so bad. Like I said zoomplayer was making most of my problems. Other than running reclock all I have done is uninstall ZP and its list of programs.

Is it at all possible for reclock degrade the picture ever so slightly. When I removed it, in my mind the picture look a tiny bit crisper. My mind could be playing tricks on me.

Reclock does not touch the video frames at all. All it does is, hopefully, improve the timing so those same frames are delivered to the display more smoothly. So I think it probably is your imagination. :)

Is it at all possible for reclock degrade the picture ever so slightly.
For ReClock beeing an *Audio* renderer, no.

When I removed it, in my mind the picture look a tiny bit crisper. My mind could be playing tricks on me.
Maybe your mind was tricked by ReClock's amazing sound quality, so the picture was worse compared to the sound.
;)

It definitely seemed to help with the shutter thing that happened every minute or so.:agree: why is that?

Last edited:
I assume you meant stutter, not shutter?!

It is because that is exactly what Reclock is for. Have a look at the readme in the Reclock program folder. The audio clock controls the timing for video on Windows, for historic reasons. Reclock replaces this with a more accurate one better suited to the video frame rate, hence smoother video. But it doesn't touch the frames themselves it just alters the time each one is displayed.

Last edited:
Yea I guess that’s what I meant, shutter, stutter, flutter it’s that little glitch where the video syncs back up with the audio. That’s what I had always thought reclock was for. I have never been able to use it.

Another thing my old CRT based HPTV that had only one HD component video input. I had been using an HDfury2 to convert the HDMI to Comp. I never had an audio sync issue. I’m glad I can use reclock now.:clap:

Well I'm very happy with how reclock is working with pdvd 11.:bowdown:

I have to say the over all sound is better. What I noticed is more life and detail in the surround channels. This may be also attributed to the verified unmolested sound in pdvd 11 compared to the alleged unmolested sound from my Asus xonar hdav 1.3 deluxe and oem TMT3 combo. Yes I’m using analogs.

What is the best way to use the FPS adjustment. Many movies it turns to green with it set for auto and others it's yellow. If I move it to 30fps or more it turns green.

My display is set for 24p @ 60hz and CCC is set at 23hz seems to work the same whether reclock is green or yellow. Is there any advantage to changing the fps to make the clock green?

Is there any advantage to changing the fps to make the clock green?

Yes. Please try to read (and possibly understand) ReClock's (outdated, but still...) manual.

Thanks James :bowdown: there is a lot of info there. That's what I need to read it all makes more since. Although a long way from fully understanding.

I guess because I have never been able to use it before now I never looked for the manual. I figured a few things out. I had to go in and force my 55in display and I had to set my video card properties to output @ 23 Hz and leave fps and speed set on auto. Then I get a green clock.

I get another error I thought it was either PDVD 11 or my old OB 4200 which has 512mb of ram. When I change movies I get a “ran out of memory error code 8007000E” in PDVD. It still happens with the new card with 1g GDDR. What I found out is if I don’t use reclock it goes away.

I get another error I thought it was either PDVD 11 or my old OB 4200 which has 512mb of ram. When I change movies I get a “ran out of memory error code 8007000E” in PDVD. It still happens with the new card with 1g GDDR. What I found out is if I don’t use reclock it goes away.
This a PowerDVD "DRM thing". When playing Blu-ray discs (oh my good, everything needs to be secure!!!!) with ReClock you need to exit PowerDVD between movies.

Back