• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hmax: Godzilla vs Kong - no subtitles

rf4m3

In the download dialog, it says "Subtitles are not available", but when you "stream" the movie from Hmax app, it does offer subtitles.

Is this Hmax issue or AS? Thanks.
Code:
Below is the message log:

00:04:26.953 - [Error] [Pump:video:hbomax] Error receiving fragment: timeout (has 0 out of 15320175 bytes)
00:04:26.954 - [Warning] [Pump:video:hbomax] Retry #1 for fragment 138
00:04:27.664 - [Debug] [Mux] Register license
00:04:27.952 - [Debug] [Mux] Download channel for track "1604455016" has been initialized
00:04:27.952 - [Notice] [Mux] Download channels are set
00:04:27.952 - [Debug] [Mux] Encrypted data
00:04:27.953 - [Debug] [Mux] Setting original format avc1
00:04:27.953 - [Debug] [Mux] Downloading.
00:07:26.370 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] Request #272 SSL/TLS handshake completed.
00:07:26.372 - [Debug] [Pump:video:hbomax] Request #272 SSL/TLS handshake completed.
00:07:53.323 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] Request #294 SSL/TLS handshake completed.
00:10:31.487 - [Debug] [Pump:video:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:31.488 - [Debug] [Pump:video:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:31.489 - [Debug] [Pump:video:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:31.489 - [Debug] [Pump:video:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.731 - [Debug] [Pump:video:hbomax] All fragments received and processed
00:10:32.749 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.750 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.751 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.751 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.752 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.753 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.753 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.754 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.754 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.755 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.756 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.757 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] No more fragments to request
00:10:32.859 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] All fragments received and processed
00:10:32.863 - [Debug] [Mux:hbomax] Download completed. Finalizing output.
00:15:51.117 - [Notice] [vendor:hbomax] Download completed.
00:15:51.261 - [Debug] [Pump:video:hbomax] Disposed
00:15:51.261 - [Debug] [Pump:audio1:hbomax] Disposed
00:15:51.261 - [Debug] [Mux:hbomax] Download channels disposed
[CODE/]

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.6.1.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the duplicate post earlier, must have pressed twice accidentally on my mouse.

Last edited:
Curious myself. If you download, do foreign subtitles exist if there are any ? Like when they speak a different language than English does the English subtitles show?

I hadn’t seen the movie yet. Wondering if I should download or use my capture device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no subtitles or closed caption available for any languages.

I was just going to post a very similar question. I just watched this same movie from APV.

It only had a single "Eng CC" subtitle (I use SRT). There was a LOT of sign language in the movie that had no subtitles at all, so it made no sense. Sometimes they screw it up and the "forced" subtitles get included in the main subtitle file. In this case, there were none. I couldn't find online anywhere if this movie had subtitles for the sign language parts (it really needs them)!

Anyone else seen this from a third provider?? Are there "forced subs available??

PS - This was also one of those movies where the English audio was only 192 kbs, when all the other audio tracks were 640. (on APV)

I own the movie on Blu-ray which includes forced subs. I could OCR the Blu-ray (SUP) subs back to text (SRT) based subs using Subtitle Edit I suppose, then downloading the stream adjusting the timing of the subs if needed to ensure they're in sync with the video, then making the resulting file available to download. Then again, one of the popular subtitle websites such as Subscene might already have a copy of the forced subs available to download.

I own the movie on Blu-ray which includes forced subs. I could OCR the Blu-ray (SUP) subs back to text (SRT) based subs using Subtitle Edit I suppose, then downloading the stream adjusting the timing of the subs if needed to ensure they're in sync with the video, then making the resulting file available to download. Then again, one of the popular subtitle websites might already have a copy of the forced subs available to download.

This would be totally awesome if you did this.

This would be totally awesome if you did this.
Well, let me put on the brakes here a bit. I'll have to check my Blu-ray to be 100% sure. I want to say I remember there being forced subs, but I can't say for sure actually. Will let you know.

Well, let me put on the brakes here a bit. I'll have to check my Blu-ray to be 100% sure. I want to say I remember there being forced subs, but I can't say for sure actually. Will let you know.

Thanks

Sorry, NutFlush920. That's a no-go on forced subs. There must not be any. The Blu-ray would certainly have them and it doesn't. The Blu-ray contains subtitles for a number of different languages, one subtitle track for each language. I extracted the English subtitle track loading the file up in BDSup2Sub which detected 0 forced captions so.

Sorry, NutFlush920. That's a no-go on forced subs. There must not be any. The Blu-ray would certainly have them and it doesn't. The Blu-ray contains subtitles for a number of different languages. I extracted the English subtitle track loading the SUP file in BDSup2Sub which detected 0 forced captions so.

Thanks

Thanks Lowpro for your effort. Really surprised there are NO subs for the sign language parts - makes those parts of the movie non-sensical.
I already checked subscene and a lot of others - couldn't find any (hence the question here).
Any chance you could have a look inside the English subtitle track to see if they have mixed them in there? Sometimes they do (and they aren't forced). I have quite a few off APV that are like this and I have to spend a lot of time sorting them out :(.

I have captured this movie with a Hauppauge PVR2 back in April streaming from either AP, N, or HM and I just check the captured movie and yes the streaming version did have English subtitles where sign language is shown. EDIT: sorry I didn't read the fist post.

Last edited:
I have captured this movie with a Hauppauge PVR2 back in April streaming from either AP, N, or HB and I just check the captured movie and yes the streaming version did have forced English subtitles where sign language is shown.
Nice. Perhaps the Blu-ray has them burnt in. Just can't remember.

I just used AS for G vs K and the downloaded MP4 and my converted TS (for BDR disc burn) files both have English subtitles for the sign language. Look that the 28 minute point, Kong on ship in the rain with the little girl when the lady comes out to the little girl

I just used AS for G vs K and the downloaded MP4 and my converted TS (for BDR disc burn) files both have English subtitles for the sign language. Look that the 28 minute point, Kong on ship in the rain with the little girl when the lady comes out to the little girl
I own the Blu-ray. Just checked playback which I didn't do prior. The forced subtitles are present. They're burned in to the video. The actual subtitle track which can be turned on and off is for everything else. I would expect the same is the case for the HD stream.

Last edited:
Just downloaded off HBO Max. I can confirm the sign language 28 minutes in has English subtitles.

Well the APV version of G VS K does NOT have burned in subs for the sign language parts - nor does it have srt subtitles.
How do I get them if they're burned in? There are quite a few sign language parts throughout the film. Hmmm...
Someones obviously overlooked them!

Back