• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Henry's Crime Blu-ray doesn't work with AnyDVD HD Enabled.

tege

Seems to be quite a bit of copy protection on this one. The Blu-ray plays fine when AnyDVD HD is disabled. When you enable it, it seems to get stuck on a BD+ screen and all you see is the 20th Cent. Fox graphic animation. I tried ripping the disc to see if would fix itself during in the ripping process but the resulting ISO file does the same thing. Tried using ArcSoft TMT 3, and TMT 5 to play the disc and they both versions get stuck at the same place.

I attached the log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.7.0_Info_E_HENRYS_CRIME.zip
    293.9 KB · Views: 18
When you said you tried TMT 3 and 5. Did you mean when anydvd was off or on. In other words does TMT play without anydvd running.

Hawk: Yes. Thats correct. I turn off AnyDVD HD when Im testing the files. I also try the files on a Win 7 box that doesn't have AnyDVD installed on it. One box has TMT 3 installed on it and the other box has TMT 5 installed on it.

James: No message during ripping or playback. It runs through the warning/info screen that says " This Blu-ray Disc has been manufactured to the latest... "( t:0 ch:1), then jumps to t:0 ch:2 for a sec., then jumps to t:86 ch:1 where it just renders this loading animation ( pic attached ) and sits there like its waiting for something and all controls are locked down.

When I play from the physical Blu-ray with AnyDVD disabled it just starts playing the previews( t:86 ch: 1).

Attachments

• 20CentLoadAnim.jpg
    20CentLoadAnim.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 15
Hawk: Yes. Thats correct. I turn off AnyDVD HD when Im testing the files. I also try the files on a Win 7 box that doesn't have AnyDVD installed on it. One box has TMT 3 installed on it and the other box has TMT 5 installed on it.

James: No message during ripping or playback. It runs through the warning/info screen that says " This Blu-ray Disc has been manufactured to the latest... "( t:0 ch:1), then jumps to t:0 ch:2 for a sec., then jumps to t:86 ch:1 where it just renders this loading animation ( pic attached ) and sits there like its waiting for something and all controls are locked down.

When I play from the physical Blu-ray with AnyDVD disabled it just starts playing the previews( t:86 ch: 1).
What happens if you play the physical disc with AnyDVD enabled?
EDIT: I assume the problem you described? (As per your thread title)

I've made a little progress.

I went back and truned off Automatic for Blu-ray Disc region and set it for Always ask for region code. I selected Region A and got different results.

Result of this change:
TMT 5 testing:
AnyDVD - Disabled, Physical disc plays fine in TMT 5
AnyDVD - Enabled, Physical disc plays fine in TMT 5
ISO rip, AnyDVD off, will play in TMT 5
ISO rip, AnyDVD on, will not play in TMT 5

TMT 3 testing:
AnyDVD - Disabled, Physical disc plays fine in TMT 3
AnyDVD - Enabled, Physical disc will not play in TMT 3
ISO rip, AnyDVD off, will not play in TMT 3
ISO rip, AnyDVD on, will not play in TMT 3

Basically, It is working in TMT 5 and doesn't working in TMT 3.

I also made sure that TMT 3 has the latest patches and I updated to the latest version of Virtual Clone Drive.

I had the same problem w/ this movie using 6.9.1

AnyDVD HD off I can paly w/ TMT 3
AnyDVD HD on I can't play w/ TMT 3
Ripped ISO w/ protection can't play either way(AnyDVD HD on/off) w/ TMT 3
I didn't try ripping w/o protection and I don't have TMT 5 nor do I have any of my other BD players installed.

I had the same problem w/ this movie using 6.9.1

AnyDVD HD off I can paly w/ TMT 3
AnyDVD HD on I can't play w/ TMT 3
Ripped ISO w/ protection can't play either way(AnyDVD HD on/off) w/ TMT 3
I didn't try ripping w/o protection and I don't have TMT 5 nor do I have any of my other BD players installed.

The mods are going to need more info from you, like perhaps a log file or system info log.

Also, what is your PC's specs, the OS and the like??

Please read the FAQs at the top of the Forum page to show how to give the mods or some of the more advanced Forum posters more info.

Good luck.

P.S. Are you still using Windows Home Server? I looked up your posting history and it shows that you have used that in the past.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Create_Logfile_Example.jpg
    AnyDVD_Create_Logfile_Example.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Anydvd_System_Info_example.jpg
    Anydvd_System_Info_example.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_FAQs_to_read_first.jpg
    AnyDVD_FAQs_to_read_first.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'm using server 2008R2 only now, but that's irrelevant since the actual BD won't play if AnyDVD HD is running.

The system I was playing from is Win7 32bit.

I'll try playing again later w/ AnyDVD enabled and get a log file but it should show the same as the OP as I got the same results w/ 20th centry FOX logo just looping.

The mods are going to need more info from you

Just a tiny observation: the mods are not the support staff here.
They may or may not choose to help others just like any other user.
But the mods' purpose really is to "uphold law and order" here.

Your statement makes it look like people should expect the mods to solve their problems.

Anyway - we're looking into this (the "devs").

Just a tiny observation: the mods are not the support staff here.
They may or may not choose to help others just like any other user.
But the mods' purpose really is to "uphold law and order" here.

Your statement makes it look like people should expect the mods to solve their problems.

Anyway - we're looking into this (the "devs").

My bad.

:eek:

Usually, I try to help the Original poster give out more info, which can be extremely tough to do., since they're usually not familiar with Slysoft's software, the rules of the Forum, and so on.

I'll just ask that they look at the FAQs and read them to see if they need any assitance in the future.

Back