• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help!!!! Locked RPC2 Whatever that means

lohdown

Your drive is a region locked RPC2 Drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and you try to read a dvd from a different region. Known drives known drives having this problem are RICOH/PHILIPS DVD Writers and Matshita/Panasonic DVD Readers and Writers.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_F_WHEN_THE_LEVEES_BROKE_D2.zip
    115.3 KB · Views: 7
Your drive region is not set. With your particular drive it needs to be set to the region of the disc (1)

Statistically there's a chance that brute forcing CSS removal won't work. This will, of course, be a problem. With some DVD releases more than others it seems that people with DVD drives that do not have a region set run into problems. So, it is always recommended that people set the DVD drive region for a drive they will be using for watching or backing up their discs.

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

I don't know how the Matshita Blu-Ray drives act but if they act like the Matshita DVD drives then if you have it set to Region 1 you will run into problems with discs from other regions. You'll at least be able to copy the Region 1 discs. If this is a laptop then it's generally advised to get a different brand drive to get around the problem altogether.

Last edited:
Matshita BD-MLT UJ265 RPC2 errors

RPC2 error.jpg
Statistically there's a chance that brute forcing CSS removal won't work. This will, of course, be a problem. With some DVD releases more than others it seems that people with DVD drives that do not have a region set run into problems. So, it is always recommended that people set the DVD drive region for a drive they will be using for watching or backing up their discs.

I don't know how the Matshita Blu-Ray drives act but if they act like the Matshita DVD drives then if you have it set to Region 1 you will run into problems with discs from other regions. You'll at least be able to copy the Region 1 discs. If this is a laptop then it's generally advised to get a different brand drive to get around the problem altogether.

I am trying to access Inglorious Basterds DVD which should be a Region 1 (US) disc with my Matshita BD-MLT UJ265 blu-ray writer, but am getting a RPC2 error. I cannot save an image with AnyDVDHD or with MakeMKV. In AnyDVD HD it says "Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)" But in Windows properties, this drive is already set to current region 1 (with 4 changes remaining), so I don't see what the problem is. But it's not working.

View attachment 23186

I am trying to access Inglorious Basterds DVD which should be a Region 1 (US) disc with my Matshita BD-MLT UJ265 blu-ray writer, but am getting a RPC2 error. I cannot save an image with AnyDVDHD or with MakeMKV. In AnyDVD HD it says "Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)" But in Windows properties, this drive is already set to current region 1 (with 4 changes remaining), so I don't see what the problem is. But it's not working.

AnyDVD is always right. Exit AnyDVD and set your drive region code.

In AnyDVD HD it says "Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)" But in Windows properties, this drive is already set to current region 1 (with 4 changes remaining), so I don't see what the problem is. But it's not working.

If you are checking the drive status in Windows when AnyDVD is running then Windows will report the drive region being set. AnyDVD "fools" Windows. Exit AnyDVD (don't just disable) and Windows will then correctly report the drive's region is not set.

Exit AnyDVD (don't just disable) and Windows will then correctly report the drive's region is not set.

Exit or disable, no difference. Off is off. ;)

Close AnyDVD. Set your drive to your region. To do this, you must have a correct region dvd in the drive at the time, eg. region 4. Once that is settled, AnyDVD can be restarted and works properly. No problem with the drive. Don't need to replace it.

Close AnyDVD. Set your drive to your region. To do this, you must have a correct region dvd in the drive at the time, eg. region 4. Once that is settled, AnyDVD can be restarted and works properly. No problem with the drive. Don't need to replace it.
You do know this topic has been dead for 4.5 years right? Let's keep it that way shall we?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back