• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

help in playing back bd-50 back ups

allanwilson10

Whenever I back up bd-25 dics they play fine on my PS3.

When I try bd-50 films, stripped down via tsmuxer - they won't play - PS3 thinks they are data discs and doesn't play them.

I know I must be going wrong somewhere, but I don't know where.

For example - when trying to back up The Brave One (roughly 27GB)

I wanted to keep the whole film so I selected all the m2ts files and deleted the foreign audio and subtitles.

Then, I selected blu ray as the output, and started the muxing process.

This gave me a file of 13.4GB.

I then created an iso file via imageburn.

When I selected the iso file to burn to disc, image burn told me that I shoul;d have selected the mds file, and then done it for me - I thought this was strange because that file was only 8.21kb in size.

However, the length of time it took to burn was about the same as what a bd film usually takes.

Burn process seemed to go perfectly, and completed 100% - however as mentioned before - it did not play.

I have tried 2 or 3 films like this and all have the same results.

Any help would be gratefully received.

What settings are you using in Imgburn when you make the ISO?

Create image file from files/folders.

UDF 2.50.

The only option ticked is recurse subdirectories.

did you actually select the mds file because you should not have and thats your problem there

It wouldn't let me select the iso file - it automatically changed it to the mds file.

I cancelled and tried it again - but the same thing happened again.

I have tried 2 or 3 different films, all with the same result.

in the setting for imgburn there are different things on the right that you can check and uncheck. one of them is to not create the mds file and the other one is to make sure imgburn doesnt automatically insert the mds file

what is the mds file
whats the use o fit
i burn the movie with mds file
it seems playing ok
what the heck is mds file

I haven't got a clue as to what the mds file is.

I will try deleting it and attempt to burn the iso file again.

Deleted mds file and tried to rip iso file to disc - same result as before though - PS3 reading it as a blank data disc.

Try following my guide, I've yet to find a film that doesn't work on the PS3 using my method.

Sorry didn't realize you were stripping down before burning, my guide is for full discs only

Last edited:
Back