• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HELP - Cannot copy to blank DVD

ACF

I read the instructions, but I'm still having problems. My goal is to make a DVD copy of a copy-protected movie. I downloaded CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. I was able to use CloneDVD up to the writing process, but I could not write the files to the blank disk. The message claims it cannot read the disk. I used several Sony, 4.7 GB, DVD +R, but none of them worked. (They were clean.) In addition, nothing comes up when I right click the "fox icon."

Any help would be appreciated.

ACF

The message claims it cannot read the disk.

That's not the full error message. Provide full error messages.

In addition, nothing comes up when I right click the "fox icon."

I'm pretty sure that's impossible (Anydvd can not be hanging) if you got to the writing stage in Clonedvd.

You need to right click the red fox icon that appears next to the time on your taskbar.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9914
Answer/do/provide information for #1,2,3,4,5,8, and 10, please.

Response

When I try to write to a blank DVD, I get the following message:

D:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB read error

The system cannot read from specified device. If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.

There are three buttons: cancel, retry and details. I put in clean, blank Sony 4.7GB DVD + R disks. I pressed retry several times on each disk but no go.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Either your burner is bad or your Sony blank DVDs are not compatible with your burner. Try a new brand of Blanks.

Sony White Blank Disc have ACCUCORE on them, which at times can cause your burner not response to them or fail midway through.

What is your Burner brand name?

All LG Burner Products are known to have issue with ACCUCORE.

When I try to write to a blank DVD, I get the following message:

D:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB read error

That's not a problem with writing. That's a problem with reading from drive d:.

Drive D: is what? Your hard drive? An optical drive?

Time to start doing what I requested (provide Anydvd and Clonedvd log files).

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9914
Answer/do/provide information for #1,2,3,4,5,8, and 10, please.

Either your burner is bad or your Sony blank DVDs are not compatible with your burner. Try a new brand of Blanks.

Sony White Blank Disc have ACCUCORE on them, which at times can cause your burner not response to them or fail midway through.

What is your Burner brand name?

All LG Burner Products are known to have issue with ACCUCORE.

As far as I knew, ACCUCORE is just a Sony marketing brand name not a "thing" on the disk. (?)

Anyway - this guy has a read error - not a write error.

-W

Log file

Here is the log file. I have the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I just downloaded the trial versions a couple days ago. Could you recommend a brand of DVDs that will work?

The brand name of my laptop is HP Pavillion. I'm not sure about the burner.

thanks

Attachments

• log1.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Here is the log file. I have the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I just downloaded the trial versions a couple days ago. Could you recommend a brand of DVDs that will work?

The brand name of my laptop is HP Pavillion. I'm not sure about the burner.

thanks

Post logs from AnyDVD, please. That would be item 2 in the list Webslinger mentioned.

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  8. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  11. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  12. Click "upload".
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

The CloneDVD log shows a read error.

Recommended media: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=549

AnyDVD log file - I think

Here's the AnyDVD log file. Hope this is correct.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_ANGELS_IN_AMERICA.zip
    75.5 KB · Views: 1
Your problem has nothing to do with blank media (yet).

Do this with the original disc:

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labelled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Back