• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question HDR and Dolby Vision Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodium Hypobromite

Does AnyStream support HDR or Dolby Vision on any services, and specifically Paramount+?

Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: Discovery are apparently available in 1080p HDR and Dolby Vision through Paramount+ (and the fourth season of Discovery is also apparently available in 4K, but I understand that AnyStream isn't able to download from P+ in 4K) whereas the Blu-ray releases are SDR only. Does anyone know if this is true?

on any services
It does, I think for HBO. But Paramount is 1080p.
I am actually surprised to hear that there is anything in more than normal 1080p on P+, they said they would add 4k and Surround in 2023 but haven't done a damn thing... That's also why I cancelled the sub.

It does, I think for HBO. But Paramount is 1080p.
I am actually surprised to hear that there is anything in more than normal 1080p on P+, they said they would add 4k and Surround in 2023 but haven't done a damn thing... That's also why I cancelled the sub.
Yeah, I knew about the limited 4K support for HBO.

This article notes that Paramount+ has all seasons of Discovery in 1080p Dolby Vision and the fourth season in 4K Dolby Vision, and this article says that P+ also has all of Picard in 1080p DV and all of Strange New Worlds in 4K DV (SNW is also on 4K Blu-ray with DV).

I realize I can't download 4K from P+ but am wondering if I can download HDR or DV.

Why do you think it is a stupid question when someone wants a clarification about HDR and 4k?
4k and HDR can only be obtained by L1 cdm and that questions been asked loads of times already, usung the search button will answer the questions so why ask again and again the same questions, NF, APPLTV, Itunes, DisneyPlus, Amazon etc etc etc requires l1 cdm to download and decrypt 1080p, 4k, 4k hdr from them services, the devs have enabled it for hulu, because its possible, we can hope it can be enabled for other services but only time will tell!!!

4k and HDR can only be obtained by L1 cdm and that questions been asked loads of times already, usung the search button will answer the questions so why ask again and again the same questions, NF, APPLTV, Itunes, DisneyPlus, Amazon etc etc etc requires l1 cdm to download and decrypt 1080p, 4k, 4k hdr from them services, the devs have enabled it for hulu, because its possible, we can hope it can be enabled for other services but only time will tell!!!
I did search but didn't find a clear answer about 1080p HDR/DV.

I knew that 4K requires L1 except for some HBO content but wasn't sure about 1080p HDR/DV specifically.

Also, I'm able to download 1080p SDR from Netflix and Amazon through AnyStream (and downloaded 1080p SDR from Paramount+ when I was subscribed last year), so unless AS has L1 access to those services, they're not using L1 for 1080p SDR.

Last edited:

I knew that 4K requires L1 except for some HBO content but wasn't sure about 1080p HDR/DV specifically.

Also, I'm able to download 1080p SDR from Netflix and Amazon through AnyStream (and downloaded 1080p SDR from Paramount+ when I was subscribed last year), so unless AS has L1 access to those services, they're not using L1 for 1080p SDR.
1080p HDR/ 1080P DV ALSO NEEDS L1 CDM TO DOWNLOAD AND DECRYPT, AKA HIGH QUALITY MEANS BETTER PROTECTION,

They are using l1 for 1080p sdr aswell but AS isnt enabling HDR/DV For them aswell only sdr
Code:
> https://www.androidauthority.com/widevine-explained-821935/

Last edited:
I mean he is right, it has been mentioned several times already and no one knows if it will be added until the update is released. But the mentions are spread out and the search is useless if you don't know the right term or how the thread was named.

They are using l1 for 1080p sdr aswell but AS isnt enabling HDR/DV For them aswell only sdr
Code:
> https://www.androidauthority.com/widevine-explained-821935/
Do you mean that 1080p SDR is secured at the same level as 1080p HDR, 1080p DV, 4K HDR, and 4K DV? If so, why aren't HDR/DV/4K available?

I mean he is right, it has been mentioned several times already and no one knows if it will be added until the update is released. But the mentions are spread out and the search is useless if you don't know the right term or how the thread was named.
Are you referring to a specific anticipated major update? Just curious.

Are you referring to a specific anticipated major update? Just curious.
=You don't know if it will be added until the update (containing the feature) is released.
There are exceptions, like features or a provider beeing teased in a comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back