• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD DVD resolution issue on PowerDVD

patmoore

Hi folks, got an issue that is baffling me.

I've recently got a big screen and set everything up so I have a 1080 res on it. Using a the LG Dual format read only drive, I put some HD-DVDs in and ran PowerDVD 7.3.

Using ReClock, that states the resolution of the HD-DVD outputs at 720x480i. I have no idea why I'm not getting 1080 res. tried all my HDDVDs and they are all the same.

My graphics card is a 7800gt, surely that can't be the issue?

Anyone come across or has a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

Hi folks, got an issue that is baffling me.

I've recently got a big screen and set everything up so I have a 1080 res on it. Using a the LG Dual format read only drive, I put some HD-DVDs in and ran PowerDVD 7.3.

Using ReClock, that states the resolution of the HD-DVD outputs at 720x480i. I have no idea why I'm not getting 1080 res. tried all my HDDVDs and they are all the same.

My graphics card is a 7800gt, surely that can't be the issue?

Anyone come across or has a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

Don't worry its not you, I get this all the time for HD-DVDs.

You should find that BR disks are fine, I think they well messed up HD-DVD flags.

Just the other day I noticed that Hulk on HD-DVD has been flagged as 24fps by reclock, when it is infact 23.976fps.

Also transformers HD-DVD is incorrectly flagged as well.

I'm slowly replacing all my HD-DVDs with BR now ...

HD DVD at Sears.com

you can buy Video HD DVD Player With HDMI Interface at Sears.com For $39.99. and you can Save $10 and also you will get 6% Cash Back.

It works! Reclock tells me it comes out as 1920x1080i.

I suppose it should be 'p', right? But hey, that's a start!

I tested it on 3 titles and I was required to change the U-Control bit twice on each of the first 5 xpls.

That progressive bit is the only thing to think about now.

Oh and I live in the UK, so Sears a bit too far for me. Good idea though if you're an American.

It works! Reclock tells me it comes out as 1920x1080i.

I suppose it should be 'p', right? But hey, that's a start!

I tested it on 3 titles and I was required to change the U-Control bit twice on each of the first 5 xpls.

That progressive bit is the only thing to think about now.
The "i" is just an anomaly in the way it is reported by PDVD. It is a piece of text and does not reflect or affect what is happening. No problem.

Last edited:
Back