• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD content to single file?

Mensur

I currently use anydvd with nero recode to back up my dvds to mp4 and play from my mce box. Is there a way this can be done with either HD or BD? The output format itself doesn't matter so much to me, be it mp4, wmv or xvid, just something that is one easy file that can be viewed in mce.

EvoDemux will do precisely nothing for what he's trying to accomplish. It'll just make a large .EVO file instead of two .EVO files for most movies, but do nothing in terms of playing it back via WMP.

There's a lot of steps involved in converting HD-DVDs/Blu Rays to an AVI/MKV/MP4 format.

These two threads I found most of the information I used to do some conversions, and others may have more/more ideas/an easier method.

Uno
Dos

lets see if i can remember these steps that i used.

evodemux to one large evo using preferred streams
import that evo into nero vision
export it to the mp4 profile of your choice (it will not play the sound but will convert video)
import evo into eac3to to convert DD+ stream into ac3
import ac3 into PX3 to convert to wav
import wav into iTunes to convert to AAC (m4a)
import mp4 (video) into Yamb and uncheck audio stream
import m4a (audio) into same Yamb window
Convert/Start
Done

*understand you lose 5.1 sound but i dont have it anyway*
*Have not tried any of my VC-1 encoded HD DVD yet*

Damn, that's getting really involved. Sounds like back in the day when one had to use 5 different programs to do what dvdshrink eventually did. I think I'll just hold off for a while until I can do this with anydvd and one other app. Thanks for the replies though.

Back