• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved ]HBO Max Weekly shows

PeteJV

Shows like "Real Time with Bill Maher" and "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" do not show up in Anystream.
There may be others.
Is this by design? or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Anystream cannot prevent titles from showing up. What you see is what you get according to your subscription.

Shows like "Real Time with Bill Maher" and "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" do not show up in Anystream.
There may be others.

Thanks!
They are there. APV, you have to pay to watch them or download them.

I have a sub, I can watch them using the HBO app, or the web browser, I can download them with a competing product, but I prefer Anystream.
In Anystream neither of these shows appear when doing a search.
So I am at a loss as to whey these shows are not available in Anystream.

if you do a search just using the year, (maybe month and year??) you find the individual episodes.

I can download them with a competing product,
I don't think so. They don't download. They may show on competitors' programs but they error out. You won't be able to download them, which I assume is why you are here.

Last edited:
I don't think so. They don't download. They may show but they error out.

Why so sure? They are perfectly watchable on the HBO homepage. It is just that they don't show up in AS since AS doesn't grab the whole library, just a lot of it.

Why so sure? They are perfectly watchable on the HBO homepage. It is just that they don't show up in AS since AS doesn't grab the whole library, just a lot of it.
The only episode you can download with any other program you can download with AS and thats the anniversary special. No other program can download it, they show it but it error out when you try to download it, so rather than have it error out for reasons I wont go into, we just do not scan it.

Yes, you can watch them just fine on the HBO app.

Last edited:
There may be others.

Thanks!
Because they are not playable, no competitor can download them either. ;)
Posted by PeteJV
Its by design.

I downloaded "Last Week Tonight" S09E18 this morning with the competing product.
Limited to 720p since they are not as far along with DRM as Anystream with respect to HBOMax.
So, it does work, just not at 1080p.

Its not a big deal to me as I have other ways to get the show, I just thought I would mention it.
Perhaps I'm the only one that cares about these shows.

Thanks!

It actually has nothing to do with that old bug. Which is fixed.:)

Well, the problem persists - so obviously not. But now HBO has re-added Last Week Tonight to the "new episodes this week"-reel and thus it is findable again. (no thanks to anystream though :))

The problem will crop up again next time a show isn't in the featured reels.

I don't think so. They don't download. They may show on competitors' programs but they error out. You won't be able to download them, which I assume is why you are here.
Because they are not playable, no competitor can download them either. ;)
Its by design.
I mean no disrespect when I ask this (even though it may come off disrespectful when typewritten) Have you used the competitor's product recently? Because they can find and download those episodes. Or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to say?

When I select series like Real Time or Last Week Tonight, I can download individual episodes or the full series in the competitors product (have been able to for over a year now). I just downloaded Last Week Tonight S09E18, S09E17, S09E16 yesterday. They still haven't fixed a bug in their decryption so downloading newer titles has been limited to 720p for a bit now, and that is why I am here. I paid for AnyStream Plus to have options. I switch back and forth as the need arises.

I can download them in AnyStream too, IF/When I can find them.

When using the competitor's product, the UI and look for HBOMax is exactly what I get when visiting HBOMax web site with Chrome on my pc, including the "featured" title they are hyping "today", my full watch list, the search works, etc. With AnyStream I see a different layout/UI. I don't see my full watch list, only partial, and as was said earlier, searching in AnyStream on HBOMax I can't always search by name, or partial name and find the results.

For example, if I go into AnyStream right now, search Last Week Tonight, I do not get any results.
upload_2022-8-2_12-24-58.png

Search the words Last, Week and Tonight, or even Oliver, individually, and *IF* the show is in the results, it took enough scrolling through the list that I gave up before I saw it. Oddly when I search on Oliver, The Firm comes up, because Oliver Platt is in it maybe?? On the competitor it does come up (3rd on the list) if I just enter LAST, just like when I use the HBOMax web site.

BUT You are right that they can't download "Extras", like the "Unrated Cut" of Sin City that appears as an "extra" when looking at the regular Sin City in a browser or the app on my Roku and Shield TV.

Back