• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question HBO Max Europe

kaosnews

HBO Max is now (March 8) availiable in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, and Slovenia.

I have tested HBO Max Netherlands, and I can confirm that it works (for now) with Anystream. The cost is 2,99/3,99 euro/month (US prices $9,99/$14,99). I can also confirm that the European subscription also works for US content (VPN) .... for now.

Warning: HBO Max Europe has the wrong framerate for most content.
They are using European masters, so most content is sped up at 25FPS.

Source:
Code:
https://tweakers.net/nieuws/194082/hbo-max-zendt-in-nederland-films-en-series-uit-in-25fps-door-beeld-te-versnellen.html

GOT S01EP01
US version: Duration : 1 h 1 min
NL version: Duration : 59 min 5 s

Mmm.... :(

It's the 4% faster mentioned in the article
59.5 (NL version) + 4% = 61.88 / approximately 1 hour and 1 min (US version)

Can AS undo that horrible speedup to 25fps?

If HBO sticks to that framerate almost all their older material is completely useless...
Workaround? VPN to USA to get the right framerate and just use the EU for the subtitles and change those to 24fps with subtitle edit?

25fps is normal in Europa. That's part of the PAL video specification

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

if it really is just 24fps playing at 25fps then its easy to fix. issue is when its been reencoded to 25fps and you start getting artefacts like ghosting.

this can easily be put into a script to just drop the file onto to fix but the basic method requires mkvtoolnix and eac3to.

use mkvextract.exe to remove the audio track from the mkv then run "eac3to input.ac3 output.ac3 -slowdown -keepDialnorm"

this will fix audio. then add the audio back to the mkv using mkvtoolnix making sure to add the "--default-duration 24000/1001p" command to fix the video.

this method is the least destructive and only reencodes the audio.

This is not an issue.
EXACTLY.......

Does frame rate affect video length?
No. Frame rate is the amount of frame shot in an entire second. So be it 24, 30, 50, 60, 90 or 120. A second will be a second no matter what the frame rates are.

:D HBO Max not in the UK but HBO has so many content from the UK (SKY) where the standard is PAL 25fps and nobody complaint until now about PAL original content converted to NTSC to HBO USA or others.

And yes is effect content leigh but if it made by the studio nobody will notice because most of the content converted anyway.

For example Movies frame rate is 24fps.
Converted to NTSC 23.97 or 29.97fps
Converted to PAL / SECAM 25fps

:D HBO Max not in the UK but HBO has so many content from the UK (SKY) where the standard is PAL 25fps and nobody complaint until now about PAL original content converted to NTSC to HBO USA or others.

And yes is effect content leigh but if it made by the studio nobody will notice because most of the content converted anyway.

For example Movies frame rate is 24fps.
Converted to NTSC 23.97 or 29.97fps
Converted to PAL / SECAM 25fps

Exactly....I've been grabbing 25fps...well actually, 50fps from the BBCiPlayer for years and never a problem....the studios convert from the masters to work
just fine. Mostly, the difference in length can be attributed to credits or different production company logos added at the start.

EXACTLY.......

Does frame rate affect video length?
No. Frame rate is the amount of frame shot in an entire second. So be it 24, 30, 50, 60, 90 or 120. A second will be a second no matter what the frame rates are.

When broadcast frame rate isn't the same as production frame rate of course it affects video length.

This is an episode of "Our Flag means Death" downloaded from HBOMax in Europe @ 25 fps and US @23,976 fps. Trimmed all credits so only the actual content remains, exact same frame count but roughly a minute and a half differnce in length:
37ft4ji.jpg
a9A2aTO.jpg

Let me try to make my point a little clearer....

A remaster from the source is going to be the exact same length as the original....no matter what the framerate.

You are now talking about broadcast and production...neither of are what you showed examples of. You have a reencode of an already low quality reencode, so there is no realistic way to keep them the same length....the video would be choppy. Typically though, reencodes add or subtract frames at equal intervals to keep the length the same. but the 2 second per minute difference in this case is not going to make the video useless or horrible.

I wasn't accusing the OP of being wrong....

Does PAL still matter with digital TV? I have some European DVDs of American TV series that have an obvious encoding issue with the most noticeable artifact being audio sped up to the point of being noticeable. I just got used to it.

Back