Has anyone tried to copy Help! (the new release)

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by bclarke675, Dec 10, 2007.

1. bclarke675

bclarke675 Member

I just bought The Beatles - Help! and am trying to make a backup, and it's in the middle of trying to repair defective DVD structure, which is usually a bad sign. I'm using the latest beta of AnyDVD.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
    c) Click "enable logging".
    d) Click "ok".
    e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
    f) Go to your My Documents folder
    g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG]
    i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    l) click "upload"

2. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

3. bclarke675

bclarke675 Member

I loaded the DVD again to log as you suggested, and this time, it's working! Don't know why it didn't before. Sorry.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

You probably started AnyDVD with the disc in the drive. Don't to this.

5. profcolli

profcolli Well-Known Member

Just as an FYI, I've never had a problem doing that. Is this recommended for all disks or only for problem disks? I don't see in the documentation that you should start AnyDVD first.
    Why is it necessary if it scans the disk anyway? (Only asking because I don't have AnyDVD running at startup and sometimes forget to start it before inserting disk).

6. creeper6996

creeper6996 Well-Known Member

not sure how often you back up DVDs, but you should just allow it to run all the time. I don't think it uses any resources if you're not burning. Have it startup when you turn your puter on. That will surely solve your problem, especially the forgetting to turn it on part.