• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

handbrake and any dvd?

bigeasy1234

has anyone tried using handbrake(w\anydvd running in background) to rip "on the fly" a dvd to .mp4?

read post,is the jist of it no,wont work?

The jist is this: if you're NOT using Clonedvd, Clonecd, DVD Rebuilder, DVDNextCopy, or 1-Click DVD Copy (with CPRx disabled), then right-click on the fox icon on your system tray, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk".

Then if you want you can try whatever program on that rip. However, if handbrake can't parse interleaved cells, angles, video_ts.ifo info, etc., then you're out of luck.

the reason i was asking was bc i recently read a max pc article where it explain that this would work, and wanted to know definitly. will clone dvd let me out put selected streams as single .vob to b converted later?

the reason i was asking was bc i recently read a max pc article where it explain that this would work, and wanted to know definitly. will clone dvd let me out put selected streams as single .vob to b converted later?

No. Clonedvd retains the original dvd-video file format.

But you can try Clonedvd Mobile with the .vob passthrough option.

Clonedvd Mobile will still require you to use "rip video dvd to harddisk" first though with dvds containing structural protection (or you can rip with Clonedvd first, which is faster than "rip video-dvd to harddisk" . . . and you can remove stuff before ripping using Clonedvd).

I have done this on several titles but the newest update dropped xvid/avi and quite a few others on video codecs so I dropped using it.

I have done this on several titles but the newest update dropped xvid/avi and quite a few others on video codecs so I dropped using it.

You should not be running handbrake on the fly with Anydvd with dvds that contain structural protection. You need to rip first using either Clonedvd or Anydvd with the "rip video-dvd to harddisk" function.

Last edited:
Back