• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

H264/AVC (FFmpeg) internal MPC-HC filter settings

sanderh

I made a comparison for .mkv files between the CoreAVC 1.9.5 decoder and the MPC-HC internal H264 / AVC (FFmpeg) decoder. To my surprise their was no noticable difference in quality or speed (slightly advantage for the coreavc but only 2-4% of my CPU).

So I ve decided to skip the Coreavc decoder (also because I want to go back-to-basic with MPC-HC as much as possible) and use the MPC-HC internal decoder (no DXVA!). I see that the decoder has 5 options and I would like to know which does what and what config gives the best PERFORMANCE with no artifacts. (my pc is fast enough)

1. decoding thread number (1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8)
2. H264 skip deblocking mode: non, default, non reference, bidirectional, non keyframes or all frames
3. error resilience: careful, compliant, aggressive or very aggressive
4. IDCT algorithm: auto, Lib Mpeg2 MMX, Simple MMX, XVID or Simple
5. read AR from stream: check or uncheck

Back