• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guys need super help please converting MKV with PCM to AC3

jamieuk147

Guys I have ripped some blue ray disks to MKV using makeMKV. I have a few MKV files thou that play with no audio, these track are all ways LPCM.

Any way rather than deleting them I want to extract the audio and convert the audio track to the highest possible codec then remux with the orginal video.

I know how to cut the audio out as using MKVmerge

I am just unsure how to exactly convert the PCM audio to AC3 or something now. I have read about eac3to but its super confusing and doest run like a normal program as seem to need command prompts.

Any help is appreciated ! please !! :)

I have read about eac3to but its super confusing and doest run like a normal program as seem to need command prompts.
No that's the right program to convert the audio (or Mencoder/FFMPEG). You'll have to find a GUI or live with the CLI.

I use CLI. There are links on the eac3to forum at Doom9.

Yraen's Eac3to gui works for me (the earlier one 1.09b11, I can't seem to get the the later one to work)

Back