• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

guide for clown bd & imgburn

key code 1

im new to all of this and need some help. i installed a lg bh10 in my computer, i purchased anydvd hd , i bought verbatim blu ray bd-r 25gb discs. i backed up a copy of the last waltz ( my first try)..... made a perfect copy that played great on stand alone. next i tried to back up the dark knight ... loaded the movie just fine to my hard drive but when i tried to burn it to the disc it said not enough room. so i need a 50gb disc? or can i use clown bd and burn only the movie no extras and bring the dark knight enough to fit on a 25gb disc. does anyone have a step by step guide for clown bd and imgburn? there are a lot of fields you can change and i need so help.

thanks
key

as a beginner, don't change any of the fields. use the defaults. click next, next & next and create your ISO. Mount this with Virtual Clone Drive and check the results before you burn. When you are more confortable with what you are doing then you can try other options (but generally you won't need to).

I know I should be able to find this info, but I can't.

I have AnyDVDHD, a working BluRay reader and Windows XP.

I have been using MakeMKV to produce MKV files on a HDD to play on my WDTV Live. However, subtitles don't always work and my son's PS3 won't tolerate MKV files or NTFS drives.
I want to extract the main movie only from a BluRay disc as an M2TS file with all soundtracks and subtitles. My amp can decode Lossless DTS and TrueHD.
I've downloaded and tried the Clown BD 'suite' but it seems to be trying to do too much.
Can Clown BD alone do this task in concert with AnyDVDHD? The PS3 compatibility isn't essential.
The various guides I've read haven't shown me what I need to know.

I believe your problem is the WD HDTV. To get subtitles you need to create a Blu-Ray structure. I don't think the WD can play BD structures, only .m2ts and here you'll loose the subtitles.

I believe your problem is the WD HDTV. To get subtitles you need to create a Blu-Ray structure. I don't think the WD can play BD structures, only .m2ts and here you'll loose the subtitles.

Hey Mike,
He can use a program that will burn the subtitles into the video. You won't be able to turn them off that way, but at least you'll have them. MultiAVCHD has the ability to make the subtitles a part of the image. That ability comes from the freely available X264 decoder so i'm sure other programs as well can do the same if they are coded to do so.

Thanks for that info. I don't need the subtitles for hearing or language reasons. It's the 'forced' subtitles I'm after. eg. When watching an english speaking movie and one of the characters starts speaking a foreign tongue.

Meanwhile, can anybody answer my query about the ability of Clown BD to extract the main movie from a BluRay disc to an M2TS file without shrinking, re-encoding or removing HD audio in the way thet MakeMKV does to produce an MKV file?

Clown_BD is the correct toold for extracting the main move, with audio and subtitles of your choice only without recoding. There is no guarantee that the result will be under 25gb though.

Clown_BD is the correct toold for extracting the main move, with audio and subtitles of your choice only without recoding. There is no guarantee that the result will be under 25gb though.

Thanks Mike.
If I understand you correctly, I should have just installed Clown BD and not eac*** and tsmuxer and this will read from the disc and write to my HDD.
As I'll be writing to HDD the file size isn't a concern.

Well, I've hit a brick wall now.
When I load up Clown BD (and AnyDVDHD) I set the BD location as H: (which is what the BluRay drive is reported as in Windows) I then get a message saying H:/ does not exist.
MakeMKV and other programs can read the BD from H:
Any ideas?

Are you running with Windows XP? You need to install a UDF2.5 driver.

Thanks to all who've helped.
I've now got Clown BD working as I wanted.:clap::clap::clap:

Back