• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GTA 4 issue

photomotoz

1. 4.1.1.5
2. Windows 7 x64 SP1
3. Securom (Version unknown, Protection ID has a grand ole time crashing everytime I run it.)
4. GTA 4 - 1.0.7.0
5. DVD
6. Unknown DVD/CD-RW, reports as "COMBO-52x16", internal, used for other profiles
7. MS Security Essentials - 2.0.657.0
8. Securom screen pop-ups after selecting not to use Rockstar Social Club and begin the game. Pop-up informs me not to use a back up and use the original disc. Error #1000

Looks like it is not finding the next process after the launcher. It is not possible to just run the game from the actual EXE, the launcher has to be used. I used the GTA IV profile provided.

Also, there is a logical error where you are able to delete profiles even when you do not have any profiles to delete.

Attachments

• GTA IV.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The logs indicate missing sector data. Can you try recapturing the profile with image mode enabled. If it still fails, repost new logs.

Well the image method certainly worked but it is not realistically viable one as the image is a nice 7.03GB.

Is there any other option?

Also, while I have your attention I was hoping I could point out some issues and peeves I have with GJ.

1. Preset profiles that do not work should be removed. I know that they likely worked at some point but I think everything should be dependent on the latest patch of the game and the latest version of GJ. I realize that it is unreasonable to ask that you police the profiles for version issues but maybe just remove profiles that people complain about. In my case, the GTA4 profile does not work and should either be removed or modified to default to the image option.

2. When I drag a shortcut to GJ it would be nice if the path and title was grabbed. I thought this worked in a previous version but I may be mistaken. It's kind of silly to drag a short cut into GJ only to have it start the profile wizard.

3. When selecting the No-CD option, it would be nice not to have the name of the game already pre-populated with : "NoCD Game (game without CD / DVD copy protection)". It's a very minor annoyance and I might be alone on this. It would also be nice to have the No-CD option higher up on the list so that it is not necessary to scroll down to reach it.

4. When selecting a profile from the drop down menu it is only possible to type out a single letter and jump to the first game with that letter. I have a habit of continuing to type in order to specify what I am searching for and it's an annoyance to have it jump to another area when I hit the second key.

5. Finally, it would be nice to have a default icon for profiles with icon.

These are all UI tweaks and issues, they don't change anything significant. However, the user experience goes a long way. A crappy product with a magnificent UI will elicit much more patience on the part of the customer than a great product with a crappy UI.

It's also been a while since any new profiles were added in updates, it would be nice to see some for games new and old.

And I also have a feature request; support for multi-disc games. There are some old games that have multiple discs that require swapping and it is often simple enough to make several profiles but it would be nice to be able to store them under a single profile. A hot-key for swapping would be amazing.

Well the image method certainly worked but it is not realistically viable one as the image is a nice 7.03GB.
Is there any other option?
You could re-profile without image mode, then test (it will most likely fail), then run a repair on the profile, this will gather the missing sector data. You may need to do this a number of times. ATM I'm busy, however when I get a chance I will take a closer look at this specific game and what the problem might be.

1. Preset profiles that do not work should be removed. I know that they likely worked at some point but I think everything should be dependent on the latest patch of the game and the latest version of GJ. I realize that it is unreasonable to ask that you police the profiles for version issues but maybe just remove profiles that people complain about. In my case, the GTA4 profile does not work and should either be removed or modified to default to the image option.
It does work, just not on your machine. Profiles listed are, for the most part generic and only detail the exe location. So there are no obsolete profiles as such.

2. When I drag a shortcut to GJ it would be nice if the path and title was grabbed. I thought this worked in a previous version but I may be mistaken. It's kind of silly to drag a short cut into GJ only to have it start the profile wizard.
I will need to take a look at that functionality.

3. When selecting the No-CD option, it would be nice not to have the name of the game already pre-populated with : "NoCD Game (game without CD / DVD copy protection)". It's a very minor annoyance and I might be alone on this. It would also be nice to have the No-CD option higher up on the list so that it is not necessary to scroll down to reach it.
We don't know the name of the game though.

4. When selecting a profile from the drop down menu it is only possible to type out a single letter and jump to the first game with that letter. I have a habit of continuing to type in order to specify what I am searching for and it's an annoyance to have it jump to another area when I hit the second key.
Hmmm we are using, I would have thought this was supported, need to take a look.

5. Finally, it would be nice to have a default icon for profiles with icon.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you saying we should have a default icon for profile without an icon?

These are all UI tweaks and issues, they don't change anything significant. However, the user experience goes a long way. A crappy product with a magnificent UI will elicit much more patience on the part of the customer than a great product with a crappy UI.
Yes agree.

And I also have a feature request; support for multi-disc games. There are some old games that have multiple discs that require swapping and it is often simple enough to make several profiles but it would be nice to be able to store them under a single profile. A hot-key for swapping would be amazing.
We have looked at this feature before, the problem here is that there are not a lot of games that could use such a feature, so it is very low on the todo list.

Back